2. Insecurities

M A N I K

Fuck.

"Saale, tu morning jog kyu kar raha hai? Bohot fit hai tu, ladkiyaan marti hai tujhpe. Nandini ne chod diya toh kya ho gaya yaar, bohot ladkiyaan hai tere liye, tension naa le!" Cabir ranted taking another bite of his potato chips.

" I swear I will murder you and eat all those potato chips in your hand", I threatened as I stopped walking and he kept the chips back on the sofa.

"Mujhe maarna hai toh maar, potato chips ko haath bhi lagayega na toh mein tujhe bhoot banke maarunga!" He said with anger in his voice. How the fuck did Navya even get married to him?!

"Cabirrrr", I gritted. "Yaha Nandini mujhe chodke uss Harshad ke saath date pe chali gayi hai, and all you care for is a ten rupee packet of potato chips!"

"Dude. Dude. Dude. It's not ten rupees, it's a hundred rupee packet. And it's not just potato chips, it's potato chips with cream and onion. Lays ka new flavour hai, you need to try!" He said and I stopped walking listening to his lame joke.

And then I finally sat besides him on the couch as I snatched the packet from his hand and ate it myself. The only funda we foodies know~ when confused and don't know what to do, eat.

"How can she leave me for that Harshad!" I ranted and he smiled.

"She has not left you for that Harshad. Voh uske saath ek project discuss karne gayi hai café mein, honeymoon manaane nahi gayi joh tu yaha jal raha hai saale. Cheer up!" He said hitting my bicep and my eyes just widened.

HONEYMOON? Yeh mujhe better feel kara raha hai yaa worse?

"Honeymoon agar hoga toh sirf mera aur Nandini kaa. Nobody else, get that!" I said in a threatening tone holding his collars in my hand.

"Toh shaadi kar le na usse!" He said casually and my hands went cold on his collar as I closed my eyes in frustration and everything came back to me. I could hear my parents shouting and screaming and me trying to hide in my room in the darkness hugging my guitar.

Suffocation- that is exactly what marriage is. I love Nandini and I trust her, but I don't love marriage and I don't trust it.

"You know what, mujhe Nandini ke baare mein baat hi nahi karni!", I opened my eyes to see Cabir smiling.

"But yaar mein usse aise chod bhi nahi sakta. I trust her, but she's very naive. And that jerks intentions are not the best!" I fisted my hand and he took another bite of his fucking potato chips.

"Toh jaa na uske peeche!" He said after a long pause and I looked at him.

"You know what, I don't want to talk about Nandini, can we stop?", I declared and snatched the packet away from his hand and he pouted looking like a fucking gay.

"I don't want her to feel that I don't trust her!", I said after a good five seconds and he sighed.

"You don't want to go behind her. You don't want to leave her alone. Why don't you try and call her?" He said like an Einstein and I frowned.

"In what language should I explain you Cabir, I don't want to talk about Nandini!" I shouted and he rolled his eyes, eating his chips. Bloody hell, yeh kitna khaata hai. I don't know about Navya, but if he keeps eating this way, he will look like a pregnant lady.

"I think you're right I should call her!" I declared again, my nostrils flaring and he long sighed. I picked up my phone and called her, but the phone went unanswered.