Bonus Chapter 6D

Kaira's PoV

KARAN.

He was in front of me.

In front of my eyes.

I wanted to scream.

Shout.

Self-defence. I remembered every video of self-defence I had seen over the years. The hand moves, the tackles, the best way to strangle him and run away but nothing made sense.

My brain felt like a whirlwind, with many, many thoughts running through my head.

I'm stronger.

Stronger than this.

I had prepared for this all my life, and I'm not letting this man change anything.

I was aware of my surroundings.

This was my house, my friends, my family.

If he even lays a finger on me, I'd cut it off.

"Kaira, hi," he barely whispered. Hi? Did he just say hi?

I tried concentrating on his face, blocking the sunlight out. He was taller to me, his eyes were just the kind of brown I remembered and he had grown a beard.

"Are– are you okay?" He asked and I realised I was staring at him for a moment too long. Why wouldn't I? My nightmare stood right in front of my eyes.

"I– I am," I barely said, still in disbelief. My lips quivered and I realised my hand was shivering. This wasn't my the right time for panicking.

"I know you're taken away looking at me here... it's been a very long time," he said, taking his hand back and putting it back into his pocket.

Well yeah, we weren't exactly two bestfriends meeting after a long time.

"Why–," I try but leave it midway, turning behind, "I should go."

"No wait," He says, his hand holding me by my arm in reflex and I flinched.

"Don't! Don't touch me," I almost shout. I felt the neves rising again.

"I'm– I'm so sorry!" He says, taking his hand back immediately.

"Leave," I say, "Please just go."

"No," he says, "Please don't go. Listen to me once. I've waited for years to say this."

"Please don't do this. It's taken my years to move ahead in life. Please go, please," I repeat.

"I know, I'm sorry Kaira," he begs, "This is something I have waited to tell you for so long. Just once, look into my eyes and accept my apology. Please."

"And what?" I ask, anger flowing in my eyes, "You can't just walk in to say sorry and expect me to forgive you and go ahead in life. You– You have no idea what you did to me. You," I take a breath to calm myself.

"For years," I say, "For years, I have no been able to trust a single guy in my life, wondering if he'd take me to a room and try to rape me. Till today, I flinch when someone takes me off guard. Till today, the first video in my search history is always a self-defence one. It's taken the man I love years to help me move on and I still broke up with him in fear that you'd be back one day."

"Kaira," he says helplessly, "I know that a sorry can and will never be enough. I know that. But I want you to know that if this was possible, I'd take that night away in a heartbeat. I'd do everything I can to erase that night from our lives. We were young and reckless and the alcohol and male ego... I am so sorry."