14. Monster's World

~•~

do not hate the light
since it can reveal the scars,
but do love the darkness,
since it reveals the stars.

M A N I K

I limped inside the darkness, with my head bursting as blood seeped out and I held it tighter to stop everything inside from falling.

It took every little might of mine to walk inside with a bleeding head and a body that was ready to give up any moment.

"Sir, you're bleeding. This is not the right time to come here, let me call the nursing!" The receptionist shouted upon seeing me.

"Oh shut up, who are you to tell me what to do?" I spoke in a whisper, but I saw her gulp with the intimidation. My dark eyes shone under the dim lights and the bruises of the hoarse skin bled. She gulped her saliva at my voice and I smirked.

Grabbing the hanging keys, I entered the locked room. The cold iron rods, the barred walls and the name plate with blood scratches on it brought me peace in an unknown way.

It was the darkest hour of the night and I was surprised seeing her away, drawing something on the walls with a stone in her hand. she picked her head to look at me.

"Manik Fucking Malhotra....!" She shouted crying as she lifted her blood filled nails from the wall, her furious eyes met my cold ones.

"Volume down, babe. Or else you can be down!" I smirked. Her hands hugged her chest tighter as she pushed herself away from me, as if trying to protect her from my evil glaze.

There was fear filled in her eyes and that could be depicted by the way she hid herself from me. But looking at her makes me feel peace. The way she shouts my name in disgust keeps reminding me that I was a monster, an evil person, the king of darkness.

I walked towards her and she walked away until her back touched the wall and her scared eyes looked up to be greeted with my ferocious smirk.

"Soha...", i whispered in a cold and rude voice and she avidly shivered. Her body was warm and when my cold hands touched her bruised arms, I could see her shaking.

Irritated, I closed my eyes and moved aback with a sigh.

Her beautiful face flashed in front of my eyes, her doe shaped eyes, that contagious smile and the breath taking laughter.

"Soha", I whispered again, this time a little more softly and with a lot more calmness in my voice.

She slightly nodded, still trying to hide herself in the darkness. But little did she know, no darkness would work when the ultimate epitome of darkness stood in front of her~ me.

"Had someone come here to meet you...", I said softly. I had to be calm, I had to be soft, for Nandini.

She thought for a while before nodding negatively and I knew she was lying. Her eyes roamed everywhere around the room except me and her hands tried clutching the wall, which had broken her nails and dried blood kept sticking everywhere.

"Soha, think again. Do you remember anyone coming to meet you?", I asked, slower this time. Her round eyes looked at me with keen and I knew my slow voice was helping me. "You want to be out of here, don't you? So tell me, who had come here?" I asked and she took a step closer to me.

Her eyes widened looking at my bruised face as one finger of hers touched my forehead, a small smile playing on her lips.

"She had come here...", Soha smiled slowly, pressing one of the bruises as it itched in pain. I wanted to push her away and throw her out, but I wouldn't do that anyway. Finding Nandini was way more important for me than handling this bitch.