Bonus Chapter 3D

K A I R A

"Why are they giving us such weird stares?" Krishh murmured in my ear as we made our way to my group of friends.

"I don't blame them. If I saw one of my friends with you, I'd give her a weird stare too," I tease.

"Hey, be kind!" He whined. I chuckled, ignoring him.

"Hey guys, he is.....," I was about to introduce Krishh when Myra cut me.

"Krishh," she smiled, "We know."

She got up to give him a hug and I could see Abeer visibly stiffen. I chuckled to myself.

"When you said you were going out with a friend, I didn't know that friend was a guy," Ruhaana teased me.

"Ruhaana, I need to talk--....." I began but I was cut off again.

"Oh my god. Kaira?" I heard an unfamiliar voice as I looked back to see a familiar face, brown hair, hazel eyes.

"Nisha?" I asked, confused as she came ahead to hug me. Nisha was with me in my first two years of Interior Designing. We were good friends, used to sit together for lectures after we got teamed up for a project but once the course was over, we lost touch eventually.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, politely.

She pointed at Abeer. I looked over to Abeer and he gave a goofy smile. "I and Nisha were School friends, like best friends before..." he was cut off.

"Before this jerk shifted to London in seventh grade. I mean, that's such an odd year to go away," she rolled her eyes.

I saw Myra making a bored expression and I suppressed a laughter.

"And I'm sure you must be so excited to meet your old best friend's girlfriend..." I said.

"You have a girlfriend?" Her eyes widened as she looked to Abeer. "Now that... you didn't tell me at all."

"Who's she?" She poked his arm. Abeer gave me a look and I sweetly rolled my eyes.

Abeer was going to give a reply when Nisha's phone rang and she excused herself.

I saw Krishh settled with the boys, talking to Aarav. His eyes met mine and I raised my eyebrows asking if he was alright and he pressed his eyes in assurance.

Taking a breath of relief, I slouched beside Myra.

"So Nisha hahh?" I asked.

She gave me a pointed look. "As if he told me his best friend was a girl. Who add it, didn't even know he has a girlfriend now."

I laughed, "Chill. I know her. She's a nice girl."

"Yeah but...." she seemed frustrated, "You know how I feel about girls being around him all the time. They're like a magnet."

"Nisha's different. I know her, chill. She knows her boundaries," I tried persuading her.

Myra scoffed. "Mera chod. You say, Krishh haa? I mean, I know we haven't spoken since a while and I'm yet to take updates, but you and Krishh. That was a shock hmm..." she gave me a teasing look.

"How did this happen?" I heard Ruhaana's voice as she slouched beside me, with me in the centre. She forwarded me paprika which she was carrying in a bowl.