16. Twisted Tales

~•~

M A N I K

"So? Tujhe lagta hai that Nandini cheated?" Cabir nudged my arm and I closed my eyes tighter as I held the whiskey glass firmer in my hand.

My phone vibrated in the pocket. Dad. Doesn't he understand I don't want to talk to him? Not now, not ever without Nandini. I squeezed my eyes tighter as frustration crept inside. I was a total mess without her.

Every time I closed my eyes, I could visualise her face right in front of my eyes. I could see her smile, her widened eyes, her laughter still played in my ears like music. I could see the way she cried for me when I was in the hospital, when she started hallucinating me here and there. I could see her jealous face when other girls loved throwing themselves on me and the way she often tells me that my heartbeat is her favourite rhythm.

Isn't that love?

Can a person who only seemed revenge for a non existent reason act so good?

Can the Nandini that I held in my arms every night, I kiss every morning do something like that to her very own monster?

And if it was just revenge, why would she wait until now? Why not when I confessed my love to her? Why would she agree to marry me in the first place?

Why?

"No!" I sighed, nodding negatively as I opened my eyes and Cabir smiled at me. "She can never cheat on me, she has loved me!" I smiled as I could see the smiling Nandini right in front of my eyes, the one who loves kissing my stubble.

"Then let's go Manik, let's get her home. We have found her location through Harshad's phone call. What are we waiting for?" He asked in a calm tone and I sighed.

"It's not so easy Cabir, I-.. I am scared.", I sighed. I hated speaking out my emotions, it was like one of the most difficult jobs. Couldn't everyone be Nandini? Couldn't everyone just read me so well just like she does.?

"I am scared that the bubble that I have formed around me might blast. I have convinced myself that my Nandini can never cheat on me, this has to be some kind of trap. But what if everything is a lie? What if she actually-......", my voice faded and I couldn't speak a word more. I couldn't term her as a cheater because my Nandini was not, and she never will. She can never betray me.

"Manik, itna math soch. Jo hona hai voh toh hoke hi rahega na. Tu usse trust karta hai na?" He asked and I nodded positively. I trust her, and I trust her blindly. Even if she herself told me that she doesn't love me and all of this was a stupid game, I wouldn't believe her. That's the kind of trust I have on her.

"Manik, we have our concert in the evening. We need to get her back, let's go!" He held my hand and I stared at his hand upon mine. It was like I was racing to her mentally but physically I felt to drained to even get up.

I could do this. I have faced things much worse in life. I can face her. She is my Nandini, the girl I love, the girl I trust.

"We'd bring her out of this mess. Keep faith in your love Manik!" Cabir reminded me and I took a deep breath getting up.

This has to be some kind of trap, and just as I promised, this monster has to bring his naive girl out of it.

Stay strong a little more time princess. I promise to save you from everything, I promise. I promise this monster will protect you from everything here on. Just hold tighter a little more time Nandini, prove those messages wrong. Don't give up on us so easily Nandini, don't give up on me.