Bonus Chapter 6B

To anyone who feels Kaira's fear of Karan returning is irrational, look up at the news today. The rapist of Unnao Case got out on bail and burnt the girl he had raped. He burnt her alive when she was going to the police station. That is an answer enough.

I'm so shook honestly, such monsters should be treated as brutally as they treated the poor girl. He deserves it, she did not.

And then there was Priyanka Reddy, also raped and burnt alive. I hope both the girls get the justice they deserve.

My heart cries at what this country has come up to. So shocking and honestly devastating.

I'm so happy I wrote Kaira's character, and I'm so happy that so many of you could relate to her problems as well. Happy Reading.

~~~~~

Kaira's PoV

I walked inside the open ground a few hours later, picking my lehenga up, making sure I don't trip. It wasn't like I didn't like wearing Indian clothes, it's just that I have such less practice in wearing them, that I end up falling very often.

It's funny how that was my top concern until last night, and how twelve hours change everything.

At this moment, it was my least. I honestly wouldn't even mind if I trip and break my head or something.

I tried looking presentable. But dressing up after having a mental break down isn't really the best thing to do. My eyes were droopy and my face looked tired, and no amount of make up I applied could make me look happy.

But this was one thing I had specialised with. Giving a fake smile and pretending like everything was fine.

The only difference being, I didn't have to do that for the past few years.

Krishh never let me pretend a single smile. He taught me that it was okay to not be okay.

Krishh.

My entire self pained just thinking about him. He didn't come home until I was there. And, I didn't expect him too.

"Kaira," I felt a hand tug on my arm and my first reaction was to flinch. I couldn't get the Karan fear out of my head, and I took a deep breath to remind myself that I was safe here, between friends and family, where he couldn't get.

Mom looked at me squarely. It's been years, but when I see her decked up and ready, she still looks as gorgeous as her college days. "Yes, mom?"

"Where were you?" She asked, "I have been trying to call you for over an hour now."

I knew the look she was giving me, I call it the famous-mom-look-of-disappointment. I couldn't blame her though, I should be the first one to this function like I wanted to, having the most fun... and I was an hour late. Probably the latest of all guests.

"Sorry Maa, I got stuck up in a last minute work, you know how picky some clients get," I lied conveniently. Although I didn't wish to lie, I had to. It's crazy how broken people are the best liars.

And, here's the perk of living by yourself and working. Mom knows my works comes for me above everything else, and nothing, I repeat, nothing can stop me from finishing it.

She sighed and muttered to herself, "What am I going to do of this girl?"

"Maa," I gave her a pleading look, "I'm here now, right?" And then I gave her a convincing smile.

"Something's not right with you," she said, her eyes softening, "Did anything happen?"

True they say, mothers know best. It took my everything to not let the tears pop out and cry in her arms, telling her everything. But I kept it inside.