21. A Date With The Stars

N A N D I N I

Rubbing my hand by the side of the bed, when I didn't feel anything, I felt disturbed from my beauty sleep as I slowly kept my hand on my belly, getting up and switching on the side lights.

3:30 AM, the clock hanging by the wall said. A quick frown took over me upon finding no Manik by my side with an unsettling feeling in my heart.

He promised to be back by an hour or two. Where was he? And the most important question being, was he okay?

My stomach grumbled with hunger. "Baby, where is paapaa?" I whispered caressing it as I took some water and gulped it down my throat. Me and my baby were hungry and there were no signs of Manik, which made me worried and hungry at the same time and this combination was not good for my mood swings at all.

Slowly getting up and walking downstairs to the kitchen, I tried dialling Manik's phone but it came switched off. Keeping it away by the sides, I glared at the phone as if it was Manik. Let him come today, chodungi nhi mein usse!

Taking the packet of potato chips from the table I sat down on the stool, slowly munching it. You cannot blame me for eating potato chips at midnight, because that's Manik's genes in my babies that makes me eat all junk food. And also, my baby is going to be a big time foodie like his dad and Cabir uncle.

Maybe I should call Aryamman up, he was there with Manik in the party last night. Trying to dial his number, I sighed in irritation. His phone was switched off too.

Argh! I think Manik was right. Aryamman is gay and I'm sure Manik is gay too, because that can be the only reason why these two boys are gaayab leaving me alone!

"Paapaa is so bad!" I whispered to my baby who tumbled inside, as if telling me that I'm wrong and his/her paapaa is the best father in the world. "Before coming into the world only you're favouring paapaa, I think he was right. You're going to be his princess and not my champ!" I sighed walking out again.

Switching on the dim lights of the dining room, I sat on the couch angrily munching potato chips. Bas Manik ko aane do aaj!

3:30 am in India meant evening in London.

Taking my call, I immediately FaceTimed Mukti. I have missed all of them so much, and so has my baby!

"Mukti!" I almost shouted with a gleeful smile on my face and I couldn't help but notice how Mukti has changed over the time. We all have, but she has changed the most. She no longer wears the same shortest clothes in the whole world or that carefree nature wherever she goes. She's become a more mature from inside and turned into someone much more beautiful and sensible, having the knowledge of what she wants to do in life.

"Nandini? Itni raat ko? Tum theek ho? Omg please don't tell me that you're in labour pain and Manik gadhe bech ke so raha hai! I'd call him as soon as I can and usse maar dalungi mein! Tum tension math lo, I will just call the Doctor and believe me she's very helpful, Navya ke delivery time also she had helped all of us a lot, right? You just sit back and relax haa, I will make sure you're okay. Manik toh hai hi gadha, I hope zyada pain nahi ho raha ho tumhe...," she spoke all in one breath, panicking and almost on the verge of crying and I giggled. I was so wrong, she hasn't changed at all. By heart, she is still the same Mukti- physically koi kitna bhi badal jaaye.

"Oh my! Nandini is in labour? Is she okay?" Zubin shouted as he came in the frame panting as he probably ran from somewhere and my smile just increased at the two. Who even thought that Mukti and Zubin, who used to always fight, will be married one day?