Bonus Chapter 1D

Earlier than you expected, isn't it?

Happy Reading! Comments are love x

~•~

M Y R A

Hate was a strong word to be used but that was exactly what I was feeling for Abeer right now. My eyes kept staring into his that held mixed emotions. He looked at the shattered glass in a crazy way, probably embarrassed.

"Well...." Cabir Uncle's voice brought us back to this world.

"Myra, baby, chill. There's so no boy coming to see you for marriage tomorrow. Do you think your dad will give you away so easily?" Cabir Uncle smirked, raising an eyebrow. "We were just checking if you have a boyfriend, you know. I and your father bet on that, I said you do and he said you don't." He informed.

I left the breath I didn't know I was holding. That was so typically Cabir Uncle.

"We were waiting for a reaction from you, but got one from Abeer instead," Dad was surprised as well.

"Sorry, that just slipped off," Abeer said, clearly embarrassed.

"What makes you think I have a boyfriend, Cabir Uncle?" I say, switching topics immediately as I move closer to Dad and he warmly pulls me into a bear hug.

"Well, because you're beautiful. You're in the age to play around and date boys. And also, you're the eldest of three, you'd be the first to get married," Cabir Uncle said. I nodded, not wanting to drag the topic as I felt dad's grip around my shoulder tighter.

Dad was still as possessive about being my Prince Charming as he was when I was a kid. The rule was still the same for me, no boyfriends allowed.

The night passed away quickly after that, the harder part— the confrontation being done with.

Everyone left in an hour, including my friends and Abeer, leaving me and Aarav to myself.

I knew catching sleep would be a difficult task that night, because my mind would be preoccupied with his thoughts and I wanted to block them out as much, so I rather took my pillow and blanket to Aarav's room, like old times.

It was empty when I went in, and I assumed he must be with mom and Dad, spending some time, so I took a glance at all the pictures hanging on the wall, when we were children. Picture of us, with mum and dad, his solo pictures and also with his friends.

I was busy in the trance when the door opened again, and I saw him entering. He smiled seeing me there.

"Well, I was wondering why you didn't come into my room yet," he smirked, settling into his bed and I smiled, sitting opposite him in the chair.

"You know how much I loved sleeping in your room... I used to sneak in every second night to sleep with you. See, I love you so much!" I smiled back.

"Jhooti. You were just afraid of sleeping alone in the dark!" He accused and I knew I was caught, so I laughed it off.

That was when we were twelve. "I used to get so annoyed," he told.

"You lowkey loved it. You always waited for me to come before you slept," I accused back and he smiled. He was busted too.

"Did you keep coming into my room after I left too?" He asked.

I nodded. "I did come in for weeks, but then I realised something was missing. It took me a week to understand it was your presence I needed to sleep, not your room. Then I learnt sleeping into mine," I told him.