15. To The End

~•~

.....it just gets deeper, darker and more mysterious. Anything but not cliché, and that's a promise.

All stories have an end. But the irony is, the most beautiful ones never actually end. One day, the person is your lover, and suddenly they become a stranger and that is considered as an end.
But if being strangers can be an end, then your story ended the day you both met.
The truth is, there is no end. It's just upon us, where we wish to put the end.

M A N I K

"thoda so mein rootha hu,
thoda sa mein toota hu,
tere bina,
tere bina....."

"Manik, tu bethe bethe muskuraa raha hai aur yaha Nandini ka pata nahi chal raha. What is wrong with you yaar?" Cabir shouted, finally frustrated and I left my guitar aside as I smiled at him also.

"She's an adult Cabir, and my girl is strong. She can fight her problems herself, I have full faith on her. And jab tak uska location track nahi hota, I cant knock every house to find her, right?" I snapped back as I caressed our picture on my lock screen.

She looked so cute and bubbly, laughing away with that contagious smile on her lips. Her eyes twinkling like stars and that worry free face as her giggles filled the room like music and I clicked the picture. She had fussed upon it also, of course and she had proudly banned me from clicking such pictures of her without her notice, but as if she could ever win over me in an argument.

"Tu phirse hass raha hai Manik?" Cabir sighed and my smile just got wider.

I so love drowning away in her memories. It's weird how at a time I used to boss around her, and today, she bosses around me. And well, life without her seems so aimless and meaningless. I feel so lost without her, as if she was my reason to breathe, as if I can't even imagine a single second without her anymore, as if my lie starts and ends at her. Well, whom am I kidding, it is that way. She's just not my star, she's proudly the reason why this monster exists.

"Manik, Buddy. You seriously need so mental help. Tu kis sapne mein khoya hua hai? I am talking to you, and you're practically forgetting to answer me? Tu theek hai na?" Cabir shaked me and the bubble of memories around me blasted as the smile on my face vanished.

"Haa sorry voh-....", I suddenly felt so lost as reality crept in, waking me. She was not there with me, not anymore. Someone had taken her away from me. I didn't know where she was, how she was, and what she was doing. And I was helpless. I had no idea whom to ask, whom to go about with this. Police was doing their job but I felt so helpless. I could do nothing except pray that she should be safe. I suddenly felt nothing even after being the strongest person in the world if you talk economically. Without her, even having everything was equivalent to nothing. I felt just so-... lost.

"Manik!" I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and turned behind to see Abhimanyu. "I am sorry about punching you yesterday, I was just hyped about the fact that Nandini was missing. She's my kiddo you know, bachpan se. And now that I think about it, it wasn't your fault!" He smiled and I kept a hand on his.

"I understand your state of mind, Abhi, it's okay!" I smiled and he smiled back. "Anything I can do to help you out? I know you've already hired the best, but I know some really nice detectives and contacts-....", he smiled.