Bonus Chapter 5

A A R A V

The sound of my ringtone, ringing loud and carelessly for the fifth time finally managed to break my sleep. Unable to ignore it this time like the other four times, I finally picked up without checking the caller, and placed it in front of myself. It took my eyes a good ten seconds to be able to adapt to the bright screen.

"It's evening there, why the fuck are you still sleeping?" Abeer shouted from the other end. It was a fucking FaceTime, not a normal call.

"I was working on a project all night, presented it in the morning and then I have been worrying about you and my dad who decided to conveniently crash their plane on the day that I had got no sleep. I just fucking slept after thirty five hours," I growled.

"Oh sorry, Prince Charming. Next time tujh se puch ke marne jaunga," he scoffed back.

"Tu marne gaya tha, mara toh nahi na. Saale, kal hi London se gaya hai tu, why do you love me so much that you can't stay a day without seeing my beautiful face?" I smiled back, finally getting up from the bed.

"I swear to God you sound like my father," Abeer sighed, "You need to stay away from him."

I smiled in sarcasm, "Is there anything you need, or did you just call to disturb my peace like you always do?"

"Well yeah," he said, a little nervously. I switched on the light, keeping the bed on the phone and wore my tee. It took me a minute to see my room's state. Everything was a mess, the coffee mugs still on my study table and the files from last night scattered everywhere. If Ruhaana comes back and sees this, I am dead. I swear, she scolds me more than my mom sometimes.

"Ab bolega?" I pick the phone back.

"I wanted to talk to your Dad, but before that, I wanted to ask you. You're fine if I and Myra get married, right?" He asked. I just stared at the screen, blinking my eyes at him.

"You and Myra... getting married?" I repeated, dumbstruck.

"Yes," He said nervously.

"Yeh kab hua?" I retorted immediately.

"Last night," He smiled like a maniac, "I asked your sister one year ago. Kal, when I got back home, your sister said yes as a birthday gift."

"Oh," I said, after a moment, grinning, "Happy Birthday bro! I swear mujhe yaad tha, but these meetings na. And Ruhaana ne itna tang karke rakha hai... I forgot."

"Really? Ruhaana ne tang kiya?" He asked, hiding a smile.

"Yes," I agreed, "She wouldn't let me sleep or eat or do anything in peace. Aaj kal toh mujhe Myra ka bhi birthday nahi yaad."

"Myra's your twin," He said in the most obvious voice ever.

"See, Ruhaana ke vajeh se," I made an innocent face that as my mom says, makes me look just like my Dad.

"Meri vajeh se?" I heard a familiar voice and a hand on my ears twisting it as I hissed in pain.

"Ouch Ruh..." I said as she came ahead, with her hands crossed. "I am troubling you, Mr. Malhotra?" She asked. I shot a glare to Abeer who smirked.

"No... I was just telling Abeer how much you take care of me.. make good food, good coffee, and I haven't seen you since twenty four hours. Varna tum toh mujhe yaad dilati na, about Abeer's birthday."

"Yeah yeah," she mocked back, "Sab sunna meine." She sat beside me, waving at Abeer on the screen.

"We went off topic. Agar tum dono ka ho gaya ho, we were taking about something really important," Abeer said looking at me.