Bonus Chaper 2D

R U H A A N A

"Haaaah!" I yawned, leaving my biology textbook aside. And then I glanced at the clock. 1:09 AM. God, it seems like I have been studying for at eternity and it's only been two hours?

I swear time stops when I study.

I looked over at Myra, still drowned in her text book. "How can you study so much?" I ask, breaking the silence.

She looked up, giving me a lazy smile, "I can't. But I have to. I want to spend as much time with Abeer as I can, so I anyways study lesser these days. So when I have free time, I want to study as much as I can to compensate."

I smiled back, pushing my chair behind. "You really like him, don't you?"

"He's my Prince Charming, remember?" She laughed and I giggled. "But yes, I do. And what's even better is that we're friends since childhood, he knows me, he knows what I like and what I don't even when we were away for all those years. It's the way he makes me feel, so special."

She stared ahead dreamily and I smiled. They were so cute. It'd be so amazing to see them grow together after this, fall in love, be jealous, get married, have their own family one day. Nothing was decided, but it was the way they looked at each other in all honesty. They couldn't stay away for even a few days, no matter what goes wrong between them, they'd always find a way back to each other. They're each other's solace.

I never want to have a fairytale for myself. I just want a love like theirs. A guy, who's your bestfriend before your boyfriend. He'd know when to tease you and when to love you at the right moments. I never wanted a Prince Charming, I just wanted someone who would love me just as much as I would love him. That's all I want.

But in today's world and all the players of today's generation, true love is a little too much to ask for.

"I'm up," I sighed, standing up, "You'd take time?"

"Ten minutes!" She smiled. "Okay, see you outside," I wave, leaving the room.

Studying sucked.

In all honesty, I hated studying. God knows what I was thinking when I decided I wanted to be a doctor. I didn't even want to study to be a nurse. Let me be a patient instead, give me a bed, and let me fall asleep forever.

Sleep was my ultimate bae. After desserts, of course. A not so big secret about me, I loved food.

I entered Aarav's room, where I expected everyone to be. Instead, I just found Ishaan and Abeer glaring at each other, as if going to kill each other. I figured it was something about the fortnite they were playing.

"Where's others?" I asked, entering the room.

"Oh, hi Ruhaana...." Ishan wished.

"Myra's studying," Abeee informed, still focused in the game. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, lover boy. She means people except Myra!" Ishaan smacked Abeer's head. I laughed.

"Aarav and Kaira have gone for a walk," Ishaan told me.

"Walk?" I choked, "That guy was supposed to rest. He's on painkillers and pain suppressants, he's supposed to be in the bed!"

"Aren't you too concerned?" Abeer suddenly looked up at me with pointed eyes.

"Wh-- What?" I stammered. "I'm going to be a doctor. Taking care of people is my job and I love doing my job!" I faked confidence.

I think I should be termed the queen of lies.