Epilogue

Myra and Aarav — age : 9-10 Years

N A N D I N I

"Fuck you"

My eyes widened as I heard the two words spoken. "Manik, I asked you not to curse near my kids!" I scolded and he looked up from the newspaper he was reading.

"What? I didn't curse!" Manik said, blinking his eyes.

Both our eyes turned to Myra, who was sitting on the floor beside the dining table, playing with her new doll house that we bought her a month ago, frowning.

"No!" I said to myself, in a pacifying voice. Manik had the same expression.

"I think she said fish you," he told me and I nodded. "I think the same".

She suddenly rose from where she was sitting, walking towards us, and she pulled Manik's tee to grab his attention.

"Paapaa, when will I get my prince?" She asked and Manik frowned. I already suppressed a smile, knowing the outcome of this conversation.

"You will not get any prince," Manik told her curtly. "You're not any princess, you're our queen. You can rule my yourself, you don't need a prince or any lame boy!" Manik told and her eyes filled with tears.

"But I want to be a princess paapaa! I like princesses. I want a prince!" She sobbed and I sighed. Manik made my daughter cry.

"You're not getting any prince Myra. You're not any princess!" There was a loud sound and we turned to see Aarav who walked in with Abeer from their classes.

Myra frowned at him. They were like any other siblings, always at each other's neck. And also, always fighting and arguing but also the first to help each other out and support each other in all their pranks.

"Who asked you? Your opinion is invalid to me!" She showed him his tongue and he rolled her eyes at her. We had a tough time explained Aarav that he wasn't her elder brother. They were of the same age, but he'd never listen. He was as protective of her as an elder brother and also, he was very matured for his age. He took care of her like his younger sister and though she always frowned, we knew she loved that.

"You tell me Abeer. What do you think?" She turned towards him. Also, Myra had a secret liking towards Abeer, who was a year elder to both of them but Aarav's best friend. Cabir's son.

"You're a princess, princess," he smiled at her and Myra's face was covered with a smile that reached her eyes. The tears suddenly disappeared and she showed Aarav her tongue.

Manik went back to his newspaper while I spectated them keenly. If Manik knew about Myra's secret crush on Abeer, he wouldn't allow her near him anymore so I kept quiet and preferred not telling Manik about it. My daughter has a life too and I'd want her to live it like an ordinary teenager, and not a child who's grown with overprotective people around her.

"My opinion is valid. You need to stop acting as if you're a princess. You're a normal girl," Aarav told her again and she frowned.

"Fuck you!!" She shouted at him and my eyes snapped at her and so did Manik's, with both our mouths hanging low.

What did she just say?