20. New Beginnings

3 years later

N A N D I N I

"Nandinii",  he shouted from outside once again to irritate me and I sighed slowly, keeping my hand on my eight months old belly, gritting my teeth in irritation as we- I and my bump walked out from the kitchen to the six feet big monster sitting on the couch, working on his laptop.

"What is it Manik?" I was tired, and out of breath in just walking a few steps and I hated that. Being a mother had to be the best feeling in the world, but the side effects of pregnancy were torondeous. I had a talk to Navya last night, but she told me that she never experienced such tiredness, fatigue and sudden change of moods like me, which had to make her luckier- very luckier. But at the same time- it bothered me. If not her, then why me? Was I okay? Was my kid okay?

"Nandini, can I get a cup of coffee...," he showed his cheeky smile and I felt angry for a sudden reason as I settled besides him, hitting his chest. "This is the fourth cup of coffee you're asking me in the last one hour, who makes their pregnant wife do so much work?" I gritted and he giggled, taking my chubby face in his hands.

"Baby, it's the doctor who's asked you to do as much physical work as you can right, not me. If this would have been in my hands, I would have never ever made you do so much physical work, in fact I would have never even allowed you to get up from the bed for even going to the loo. That fucking old doctor-......," he gritted his teeth and I immediately held his ear, twisting it while he screamed in pain. "No cursing near my baby, how many times should I tell you Manik?" I screamed in his ear while he murmered uncountable sorries as i left him.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain down my spine and back uterus and I kept my hand on my belly, as the pain slowly vanished again. This happens with me quite often and makes me out of breath and tired and no one seems to understand, not this monster, and not that fucking doctor.

"hey baby, why're you crying? Are you okay?", he asked and I nodded as he wiped away the small tears that came into my eyes before I could even realise, his thumb caressing my face and I smiled weakly.

"This makes me tired, so tired!" I whispered being out of breath. "I wish I could do something to share the pain Nandini, I love you for doing all of this alone, my strong girl!" he whispered holding me tight as he kissed my foreahead andi kept my heavy head on his chest, closing my eyes.

"But you're not working anymore, okay? I ain't letting you! Let's go up and rest, hmm?" he asked and I nodded slowly as he held my hand, helping me to walk up and laid me on the bed comfortabley, with my feet straight and stretched as he lightly pressed it, massaging it and I smiled.

"Manik...," I whispered and he hmmed in return, "I miss our friends so much! Even I want to be in London with them!" I crunched my nose thinking of all the fun they must be having together.

"I wish that too baby, but you know we cant't risk travelling since it's not good for the baby!", he kissed my hand entwining it with his and I suddenly felt so bad for him! He couldn't even go to his friends and enjoy with them becauser of me and my stupid tantrums, I don't know the last time when he slept peacefully because of me, owing to my tantrums and stupidities. I was such a horribe wife, I didn't even deserve to be his wife, the bearer of his family.

" I'm sorry Manik, I know how must it feel sometime, that because of me, you can't even go to any parties, with your friends, you even work from home! I am troubling you a lot na? I am horrible at this but I promise I am trying my best. Its just not in my hands, this makes me so tired. I- I... don't want tu burden you, I-I....," and before I knew all the words faded and slowly turned into tears that he kissed away.