22. Bubble Break

*coughs to grab your attention*
*greedily hopes you all remember me*
*hides to avoid any tamatars and chappals thrown*

Hey fam! Missed me? I'm so sorry for just disappearing.

If y'all haven't downloaded the app yet, waiting to binge read, I'd say- please download and read this chapter. I repeat, do not miss this chapter on the app (link in my bio).

This chapter decides the entire story ahead.

Happy Reading.

~•~

P.s- I do not belong to a medical background and am not sure if anything depicted in the second half of the full update can even exist or not. This is purely a work of fiction.

N A N D I N I

"Good Morning Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra!", the lady doctor politely smiled at both of us as we settled down in her clinic. Mrs. Malhotra, though I'm so used to hearing this now, it seems so nostalgic, it always reminds me of my difficult journey with this grumpy man. Tears, anger, hatred, love... everything together and everything just worth the pain.

"I must say Nandini, you look gorgeous today. I see you're all pepped to be a dotting mother!" She smiled getting up and I looked at the baby pink fitted dress that I had worn and that proudly showed off my baby bump. It was the dress Manik had gifted me last night.

I looked at him with a grateful smile on my face  to see him already smiling at me. He entwined his left hand with my red one as he blew me a silent kiss and I giggled with wide eyes.

"So, all ready to hear the little one's heartbeats?," she asked and I smiled excited, nodding. "Let's go then!", she smiled taking my hand and dragged me into a second room.

Impatiently, I changed into the hospital gown over my pink dress. I was so excited to hear my baby. I was going to hear my baby! My baby! My and Manik's baby.

Moving out of the room, Manik had also worn the hospital robe thing for sanitary purposes as he helped me lay on the bed. No words were even exchanged between us, we just smiled at each other silently, feeling excited for the new journey of our life.

Parenthood was indeed the best phase of my life. Or actually, every phase was the best phase of my life with Manik Malhotra.

"So?" The doctor smiled as she placed something like a tube over my belly after lifting the dress under the blanket and I closed my eyes.

I felt Manik's fingers slowly touch mine as he entwined our hands and I held tighter.

Just then, we heard a small beat, making my heart skip a beat and giggle in excitement as a lone tear left my closed eye.

Then a second beat.
Then third.
Fourth.
Fifth.
Sixth.

And so many more that followed.

Soon, the tube was lifted off me and I opened my eyes as Manik helped me to get up. There were so many emotions on my face as well as his.

I held my palms on my mouth to drink away the tears of happiness and excitement but that never happened. Manik patted my head and head as I wrapped my hands around his neck and hugged him, squeezing myself to him and he hugged me back equally.