6. Drowning In Love

M A N I K

Fuck- Ouch!

"Nandini! Arrey yaar ruko!" I shouted as she grabbed my hand tighter dragging me inside.

"May I know what kind of date do we have in a graveyard?" I frowned and she giggled as she finally left me and I looked around our creepy surroundings.

"Sssh Manik. Don't you know I am? Nandini Murthy. And Nandini Murthy always does things little hatke!" She smiled proudly.

"Acha...!" I said as my hands encircled her waist pulling her closer and she nodded shyly.

"So....", I traced my finger on her face. "Toh agar this is hatke then aage kya? Raste mein romance, temple mein shaadi, hut mein honeymoon, forest mein bache. Beautiful fairy tale, haina?" I asked and her eyes widened as she bit her lower lip.

My nose brushed her cheek and she held my collar as she pushed me away and I frowned.

"Manik, what are you up to? Graveyard mein bhi tumhe itne cheap jokes aur romance sujh raha hai, seriously?" She asked and I stared at her in disbelief.

"Acha! Toh graveyard mein date is okay but graveyard mein romance and jokes are not okay, seriously?" I mocked at her in the same way and she opened her mouth to speak something but closed it again and I had a victory smirk as I did a small victory dance in my heart.

"Manik!", she cribbed. "Tum- Because of you we are going off track. We are hear on a very important mission!" She said with excitement.

"Really. Important mission, nahi? Kya karna hai? Dead bodies ko identify karna hai? Tum koi chupi hui CBI agent ho kya?" I teased rolling my eyes and she made a disgusted face.

"Manik! Mujhe na tumhaare saath is date pe aana hi nahi tha! I should have got someone better, jo atleast aise cheap jokes toh nahi maare!" She said with a fake angry face as she pouted and looked away and I could kiss her right there and then.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked in trance and her eyes widened as she looked back at me.

"Kyu?" She asked with a shy smile as she took a step towards me and I held her waist, her hands encircled around my neck.

"So that the ghosts here know that this beauty belongs to the beast himself!" I smirked as my lips lingered upon hers and she closed her eyes, the red hue spreading over her face.

Just as I moved towards her lips, all ready to claim it as mine, and closed my eyes, her words echoed in my ears.

"I was about to kiss... Harshad!"

And before I knew, I pushed her apart. She looked shocked as I covered my mouth with my hand and ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

I wanted to apologise but I already saw her smiling and I felt relieved. I was so glad she didn't feel bad and was dealing with me with so much love and patience.

"Manik! You are wasting my time. I have got you on a date, let's go inside before the sun sets!" She smiled dragging me more into the forested grave yard.

She sat in a huge place between two graves, crossing her legs and I sat besides her, taking in the creepy surroundings.

"Yaha mujhe dafnane ka plan banake aayi ho kya?" I asked and she rolled her eyes as her hand jerked to my lips, her fingers covering my lips, as if asking me to not talk about death.