23. Vulnerability

This has no MaNan, but it was very important. Feel him guys, feel his pain and only then you'd relate to the upcoming track.

{ a very important note at the end, do not miss}

~•~

M A N I K

Putting a few more ice cubes to the glass of whiskey in my hand, I slumped back to the corner of the dark room. My eyes felt heavy and everything around me felt dizzy, but I still continued staring at the blank walls and drinking my whiskey.

There was some pain lingering on my cheek, at the place where Nandini slapped me a few hours ago.

Nandini. My wife.

Or should I say- soon to die Wife?

Because she just wouldn't listen to me!

She'd just do what she wants to, I don't matter, do I? And then suddenly, it becomes for my happiness.

She's going to die. Why? Oh, cause of my happiness. She'd sacrifice her life for my happiness? Like seriously? How great of her, isn't it?

What should I do in return for her? Build her a temple? Pray her idol everyday?

The fuck!

She doesn't understand anything. Who even made her do big? She's still my kid. My baby.

Oh, baby?

My babies!

I was going to be a father, isn't it?

Where are my babies? Why can't I see them?

And where is Nandini? Why is it all so dark here?

"Nandini!" I shouted but my voice was echoed back by the dark walls, and I hicupped. I'm so scared of the darkness. Where did she leave me and go?

I tried getting up but I fell back the ground as everything fumbled around me. What was happening to my house? Was it falling down?

Or was it dying like my kids and my wife too?

Acha hai, nhi?

"Okay, you're allowed to leave me too!" I laughed to myself and my eyes threatened to close, suddenly feeling too difficult to open.

"Oh, my eyes, are you leaving me too?" I laughed and more darkness surrounded me as the whiskey glass dropped from my hand, shattering across me.

I tried pushing it all across but ended up keeping my right elbow on it, the glass pieces pricking in deep.

But it didn't pain. You know why? Because my heart pained more.

Can you imagine knowing that the love of your life will be dying any moment from now?

How will it feel? Wouldn't you feel just as I am feeling?

I wish I could take it all away from my girl. I wish I could place myself instead of her.

"Nandini!" I called, as a small tear drop slipped off my eye. I'm so weak without you, please come back to me.

Don't leave me, please.

I choose you, baby. I choose you over my own blood. I choose you over our kids. I choose you over myself, I choose you over everyone, just be safe please.