Chapter 9 - Game Bang

Anthony's POV:

Jessica and I got in my car and drove to Smosh Headquarters.The ride was mostly silent.When we got there I got out and rushed over to her side to open her door for her.

"Thanks," she mumbles. I nod and close the door once she gets out.We walk inside to see everyone ready.

"Right on time!" Joven calls.We take our seats and one of the cameramen starts filming.

"Game bang!" we all yell.Then,as scripted,Mari looks over at Jessica and furrows her brow.

"Who's she?" she asks.

"It's...KawaiiJess!" David exclaims,smiling.

"Hey guys!" she exclaims,smiling.I knew better than that.Behind those blue eyes of her was a world of pain. "I'm so happy to be here!"

Matt smiles and says,"We're happy to have you here.Today we are playing Just Dance!"

She moans and I laugh. "I hate dancing!" she groans. "Of course it had to be a dancing game."

"Oh but there's more!" Joven exclaims. "The two losers have to do a partner dance while the person with the highest score shoots them with nerf guns!"

She grins evilly and says,"I'll just have to win then."

We pull out the game and Jessica decides to go first to get it out of the way. The song she gets is A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton.

Jessica's POV:

I get A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton for my dance.I remember that it was the song Toby and I listened to on the drive to his house.And he told me I was amazing singer.I start dancing and end up getting a perfect score.

I flop back in my chair next to Anthony. "I'm so out of shape," I breathe.

"Don't worry," Matt laughs,standing up. "I am too."

As everyone else takes their turn I zone out while they go over the scores.Mari hands me a nerf gun and Ian and Lasercorn get up to do their losing dance. "Iancorn is reunited!" I exclaim happily. As they start dancing,I shoot them with the nerf gun,not even paying attention.Once the dance was over,I put the gun down.

"Thanks for being here," Matt says,grinning.

I nod and say,"It was a pleasure.But not as much as seeing the reunited Iancorn dance live."

They all laugh.I smile and we all yell,"Game bang!" Then the camera stops filming.I stand up and stretch.They all come over to me and give me 'thanks for joining us' and 'we're so glad you came' and 'your amazing'.I smiled and thanked them all.Then I left with Anthony following behind me.

"You need me to drive you home?" he asks.

"Nah," I say. "Kalel is going to pick me up and drop me off at Toby's." He flinches at Kalel's name. "Sorry," I apologize. He shakes it off.

Last night Kalel had broke up with Anthony.This resulted in him being so upset.Just then,at that particular moment,the world decided to rain.I shivered.

"You look cold," he says. He takes off his jacket and wraps it around my shoulders.We sit down on the wet sidewalk and he wraps an arm around me.

"Thanks Anthony," I say,smiling up at him.He smiles back at me. "You really are a gentleman." He leans down,as if he's going to give me a kiss.I lean in,closing the gap.It was so passionate.I pull away and smile.I see Kalel start pulling into the parking lot and flinch at the headlights. I hand him back his jacket and hop into her car.

The car ride to Toby's was silent,but I didn't mind.I was too absorbed in my thoughts to care. I just kept thinking of Anthony.That passionate kiss we shared,had Kalel seen?We weren't together so it's not like it mattered.It just made me smile.