Chapter 25 - Handicap

Third person POV:

Jessica,Adam,and Jerome got into the car with Mitch while Felix and Marzia got in their car.Jessica waved goodbye one last time before Mitch drove them home.

"Are you all better now?" Mitch asks Jessica,looking at her in the mirror quickly before returning his eyes to the road.

"Just handicap for now," Jessica laughs. "Other than that,I'm fine.They gave me surgery and everything went fine."

"Biggums,we should give her an ice cream night," Mitch says matter-of-factly.Jerome shakes his head laughing.

"Okay," he agrees. "Why not?Ice cream and Netflix." Jessica laughs,smiling happily.She looks over at Adam who returns a smile to her.He plants a small kiss on her lips before taking her hand in his.

"Ice cream and Netflix?" Adam asks. "This is vlog-worthy!" He pulls out his camera and starts filming the group. "Hey guys Sky here with Bajancanadian,Jerome,and KawaiiJess," he introduces.Jessica kisses him on the cheek. "Oh,babe,you got in my shot," he chuckles.

"Is your video more important than me?" Jessica asks jokingly as Adam points the camera at her.

"Of course not baby," Adam reassures her,smiling.He puts the camera on both of them.

Adam's POV:

"So today Jessica had to be taken to the hospital," I explain into the camera.

"I was beaten by a pedophile," she jokes.

"For the billionth time we don't know if he was a pedophile!" I exclaim.

"But he might as well have been," she says.

"But,to make this day happier," I start.

"ICE CREAM AND NETFLIX!" Jerome cuts off.

"GOD DAMN IT JEROME!" I yell jokingly.Jerome laughs and we return to explaining everything in the vlog. "Jessica is going to be staying with us since Toby Turner kicked her out."

"But I get to stay with this babe," she smiles,kissing my cheek. "And these two awesome dudes." She ruffles Jerome's and Mitch's hair.Jerome tries to fix his hair immediately,causing her to laugh.

Jerome's POV:

"You screwed up my hair!" I yell.

"I think it looks fabulous," Adam smiles.

"Thanks," I smile at him.Mitch pulls up outside the house and we all go inside after figuring out a way to wheel Jessica up the stairs.

"We're gonna go watch the movie!" Adam says into the camera.He shuts it off and we all sit on the couch.Jessica snuggled up to Adam and as a joke I snuggled up to Mitch.He held me close and it felt really awkward,but really right.I smiled as he went through the movies.

"How about we watch Bad Grandpa?" Mitch suggests,looking over at Jessica and Adam.They agree and he turns on the movie.He gets up and gets us snacks,leaving me sadly alone.

"Jerome," Jessica suddenly says. "I know you like him."

"W-What?" I stutter nervously. "I-I don't like him!I'm not g-gay!"

"Jerome,I can see it in the way you look at him," Adam insists.

"Maybe I like him,so what?" I ask.

"I can talk you up to him," Jess suggests.

"You would do that?" I ask.She nods and I smile. "Thank you so much."

Third Person POV:

Jessica gets up from her spot on the couch with Adam into her wheelchair.She wheels her way out to the kitchen where Mitch stood by the counter,making popcorn.

"Mitch?" Jessica asks.

"What's up Jess?" he asks,smiling at her.

"You know,Jerome is a really nice guy," she weakly attempts to talk him up.

"And hot too," Mitch says deep in thought about his best friend.This took Jessica by surprise but she smiled.

"You should ask him out," she suggests.Mitch looks at her.

"What if he says no?" Mitch asks.

"He wont," Jessica says matter-of-factly.

"Okay," Mitch says bravely. "I'll do it.I'll ask him out."

Jessica claps as Mitch makes his way out to the living room to ask out Jerome.It was the best moment of his life.