Chapter 20 - Rejected

A few days had past after the day Toby and I kissed.Neither of us said anything about it.We didn't have to,it was too complicated.On this particular day,it was horribly stuck in my brain as Toby opened the door and walked in.

"Guess who has a dateee?" Toby sang.

"What?!" I sprang up from the couch. "But,but what about us?"

"We're just friends," he says. "Anyway,I'm going out with this girl,Elaina.She is so beautiful.Her eyes are an amazing shade of green and her hair is this reddish color--"

"UGH!" I cut off.I run up to my room and slam the door shut.

How could he do this to me?I thought that I had loved him.He rejected me.I didn't know how I wanted to handle this but I was upset.I picked my phone up off the nightstand and dialed the only number I could think to call.

Ian.

He answer on the fourth ring. "Hey Jessica," he voice came through.

"Can we meet up somewhere?" I cut to the chase.

"Uh sure," he sounds taken aback. "I'll pick you up from Toby's and we can go to my secret hiding spot.I'll be over in a couple minutes."

"Alright,bye," I respond.I end the call and go to get ready.I put on a gray Mickey Mouse tank top and white shorts.I throw on my black converse and brush my longish blonde hair out.I throw it in a ponytail and line my ocean blue eyes in black.I put on light pink lipstick.I grab my small silver shoulder-bag with wallet and my phone and head downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Toby asks from his spot on the couch.

"Out," I plainly state.

"With who?" he questions.

"Why do you care?" I snap.

"Because as your friend and guardian I have a right to know!" he yells.He never yelled at me before.I was scared,but showed no fear.

"With Ian," I say,opening the door and walking out.Ian was sitting out front in his car.I get in and he drives off.

He pulls up to this place with a treehouse styled place.We get out and walk into it. "What's wrong?" he asks. "Why did you want me to meet you up?"

I hug him,crying.My makeup was going to be running but I didn't care.He hugs me back softly. "I-It's Toby," I choke out. "So,we kissed and then he wants to go out with this chick,Elaina."

"It's okay," he whispers,rubbing my back in circles. "It's going to be alright.If he rejects you,it's his loss.You are beautiful and he is crazy."

He looks me in the eyes and wipes away my tears.I smile at him and he smiles back.He gives me a peck on the lips,making me blush badly.

"You know,your amazing," I admit.I take his face in my hands and kiss him.It doesn't take him long to kiss me back.I rest my hands on his shoulders,his around my waist.I wrap my arms around his neck and stand on my tip toes to reach his height.After we pull away he smiles at me.

"It's his loss," he whispers. "You're amazing.He has a problem if he doesn't wanna be with you." He takes a seat on a beanbag chair and I sit on his lap.I smile at him and kiss his nose.He wraps his arms around me lovingly and I snuggle up to him.

We stayed like that until it got dark.I honestly didn't want to leave his arms,so I didn't.It was so comfortable I fell asleep.He rested his chin on my head and whispered a goodnight.