Chapter 23 - Awkward Toby is Awkward

Toby's POV:

She stares at me,ocean blue eyes wide. "Jessica,I love you," I admit,taking her hand in mine. "I have always loved you."

She yanks her hand free from my grip. "You should've told me that before I got a boyfriend," she snaps. "Could you please leave my room?"

"Get out," I mutter.

"What?" she asks.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" I scream.She stares at me in fear but packs up her things quickly.She grabs her bags and walks out of the house,head down.

I sat down on the couch and sighed.Did I really just do that?Why?I'm such a fucking idiot.

"YOU DID IT AGAIN YOU FUCKING DOUCHE!" I yell at myself. "YOU KICKED OUT THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE BECAUSE SHE HAS SOMEONE ELSE!" I begin to scream and walk around the house,slamming things.I then squatted and began to cry.I sat down and just sobbed.I did this to myself.In reality,I didn't want her to go.

Jess's POV:

I walked far from Toby's house.He didn't want me there so I wouldn't be there.I began to feel tired so I sat down on the sidewalk.I wrapped my arms around my knees and began to sob.What was I going to do?

"Jessica?" a voice asks.I turn around and see Ian.

"Ian!" I exclaim.I jump up and hug him.Then realizing what I was doing,I let go. "Hey,what's up?"

"What are you doing out here?" he asks. "With your bags..."

"Ah,Toby kicked me out because I have a boyfriend," I explain. "No big deal."

He picks up my backpack and slings it over his shoulder.He picks up my smaller shoulder bag and slings it over his other shoulder.He takes my hand and leads me into his house.

"Ian,you don't have to do this," I say.

"Yes I do," he denies. "I'm your best friend.This is what best friends do."

I pull out my phone and stare at the glowing screen with a text notification.It was Jerome.

Hey gurl - Fluffy

Hey bacca - Jess

What's up? - Fluffy

He responded almost right away.I smiled at the screen.

Toby kicked me out - Jess

How far are you from an airport? - Fluffy

Not that far,why? - Jess

He confused me.Why would he ask about an airport?That's weird.

I'm gonna pick you up - Fluffy

Fly out to Canada tomorrow night - Fluffy

Alright 😄 - Jess

I peel my eyes from the screen to look at Ian. "Don't worry," I smile at him. "I'll be out of your hair tomorrow."

"No no," he insists. "Stay as long as you want."

"No,Ian,it's okay," I persist. "My friends in Canada are letting me stay with them."

"Are you sure?" he asks. I nod. "Let me show you where you're gonna sleep for tonight at least."

He takes my bags up the stairs and I follow behind.He opens a door to a not-so-fancy room with a queen bed with a white duvet and a dresser.I sit down on the bed and smile at him.

"You better get to sleep if you're flying out to Canada tomorrow," he suggests.I lay down and stare at the wall. "Goodnight," he whispers.I nod and close my eyes,drifting off into sleep.

Jerome's POV:

Adam,Mitch,and I sat in our car at the airport.She was suppose to be arriving about now.I got out and closed the door behind me.

"Guys,I'm gonna go find her," I inform them.

"Let me go," Adam says,climbing out of the car. "She is my girlfriend,after all."

I nod and he walks into the airport as I climb back into the car.We wait a good five,ten,fifteen,twenty minutes before he comes out carrying her in his arms and her bags on his shoulders with a tear stricken face.

He sets her in the back seat and she weakly opens her eyes. "It's okay Adam," she whispers. "I love you." He buckles her up and closes the door.He gets in his side,buckles up, and we drive away.

"What happened?" Mitch asks.

"Some dick was beating her," Adam informs us,letting another tear roll down her cheek. "Claimed to be her dad.Said she shouldn't have ran away."

"Funny thing is he can't be my dad," she giggles. "My dad is dead."

Mitch stares at her.I keep my eyes locked on the road as I drive home.I couldn't help the tears that escaped my eyes and rolled down my cheek.

Such bad things happen to such innocent people.

----------------------------------------

Guys,thank you so much for 100+ views!This is amazing!When I started writing,the first story I ever wrote sucked so badly.But I kept working and look where I am now!I just want to say I appreciate you all so much.Thank you so much!See you next chapter!