Chapter 10 - Almost Lover

Jessica's POV:

As we get halfway there,Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy plays.It was a great song,but a tear came to my eye as I heard the words.

Goodbye, my almost lover

Goodbye, my hopeless dream

I'm trying not to think about you

Can't you just let me be?

So long, my luckless romance

My back is turned on you

Should've known you'd bring me heartache

Almost lovers always do

I tried my best to hide my tears from Kalel but she noticed.When we arrived at Toby's she game me a meaningful look. "It's going to be okay," she whispers. "I know it's hard." I nod

"Thanks Kay," I whisper. "You're such a good friend."

She gives me a small hug and I get out,running up to the house and opening the door.

"Hey guurrll," Toby says in his ghetto accent. I laugh and sit next to him on the couch.He puts an arm around me and I snuggle close to his chest. "How was filming?"

"It was cool," I say. "They all like me.I get along with them so well!"

"What was the game you played?" he asked.

"Just dance," I laugh. "I got a perfect score somehow!"

Toby's POV:

"I got a perfect score somehow!" she exclaimed.I bet she was an amazing dancer.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask. My breathing was steady but my heart was beating very fast at how close she was to me.

"Sure," she mumbles into my chest. "Can we watch Paranormal Activity Four?"

I nod and bring up Netflix. I put on Paranormal Activity Four,get up,and get us snacks.I didn't know what she wanted so I grabbed Skittles,Popcorn,and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

"Snacks galore!" she yells. I chuckle.She snuggles back up to me and we watch the movie.I looked down at her and she looked back up at me.Her eyes were a beautiful shade of blue.I watch as she leans in,as if going to kiss me.I close the gap and her lips are amazing.Soft and delicate. We pull away and continue watching the movie,as if nothing happened.

But oh did something happen alright.