⊱⊰ 3: Obstacle [Revised] ⊱⊰

En added another art book on a pile of books waiting to be organized on his bookshelf. Examining his surroundings, he saw more books scattered on the carpeted floor of his room. 

He placed his hands on the large table behind him, sighing.

As the twilight sun illuminated his room through the glass door of his balcony, En focused on the many books waiting to be organized. Laziness held him back as he stared at the mess in front of him. 

His fingers hit the wooden surface of the table, telling himself that Miria should have at least put the books back in their respective places before she picked another one to admire.

He exhaled, fighting against his laziness and resuming picking the remaining books. 

After his cousin surprised him with a visit the previous day, En spent most of the day testing his abilities and exploring part of the castle with her. In the end, they decided to spend the last few hours of the day admiring his and his mother's art books.

Miria left in a hurry. She told him that she wanted to visit their aunt—the eldest of the Drageul siblings—before she went back home in the Dragon Islands. En admired his cousin's attitude. No matter where the family members were or if they didn't get along with each other, she always made plans to visit them and strengthen the family bond.

Despite his cousin having left a little work for him to do before she went back to Eteria, En was glad that she visited him. Her presence and fun personality helped him distract himself from what was going on in his life and he couldn't wait to see her again.

After organizing the books into various piles, En grabbed the first mountain of books and placed each item on the large bookshelf standing by the white wall with abstract patterns. After shelving the second last book on his arm, the last one caught his attention.

He rubbed the illegible words on the dark blue cover that seemed worn out. With a frown, he opened the book. Pictures of landscapes met his gaze, displaying dome-like buildings and fragile looking plants.

His brows arched; it had been years since he last used that book and he couldn't help but be amazed by how detailed those drawings were. Flipping through the pages, he remembered that years ago, he used to draw things he saw in his dreams. An idea his late grandmother suggested as she found his dreams fascinating.

He flipped more pages and saw the back of two women sitting on a small hill by the shore. One of the ladies had curled her mermaid tail. Though her face could be seen as she looked sideways, her features were blank. The other woman only exhibited her back with her short, wavy hair covering her neck.

"Aries," En whispered, noticing the curled horns on her temples.

A sense of missing something suddenly tightened his chest. He blinked.

That strange feeling again. 

Confusion struck him; he never understood why he felt sad whenever he saw Aries. Every time he would see her in his dreams, he always woke up with sorrow attacking him.

He focused on the mermaid to distract himself. Despite not seeing her facial features, En guessed that the mermaid was actually Pisces. Another sense of amazement flowed in his veins, realizing that the dream he had the previous day wasn't the first dream he had with Pisces.

Knock, knock.

That light sound made him jump a little. He quickly closed the book and placed it on the bookshelf.

"Come in," he replied, picking another pile of books.

It didn't take long for him to hear heavy steps approaching his area.