⊱⊰ 55: Song of the Water Goddess ⊱⊰

"Wow." Arisa's voice echoed in the cave.

Not far from them, Arisa saw water covering most of the area. In the middle of the lake, Arisa saw a small surface, brightened by the afternoon sun.

"Let's go," said Tausa, walking forward.

As they followed the woman in colorful robes, Arisa noticed that there was a single pathway that lead to the small isle in the middle of the lake. Arisa shivered a little, feeling the cold water bathing her feet. When she examined the ground, she saw that the transparent waters covered part of the road of smooths stone. Looking at their pathway more closely, she saw foreign symbols decorating the road randomly.

As they kept walking in silence, Arisa examined her surroundings. She felt as if she was walking on water since nothing else filled the area beside the transparent waters touching the rough walls of the cave. Arisa realized that the cave's walls also had the foreign symbols she saw on the ground.

"We're almost there," said Tausa, still taking the lead.

Thelma exhaled. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling kind of nervous."

Arisa glanced over her shoulders and saw Thelma rubbing her hands. Kazuya, who was right behind Thelma, told her that maybe it wasn't nervousness but excitement since they would explore the underwater world soon. As Thelma filled the silence with a quick chuckle, Arisa looked back at her front, meeting Garoh's strong back.

She wasn't sure if it was because she was looking forward to seeing how Tausa would perform the enchantment, but ever since they left the neighborhood of the Ancients, she didn't grow any feeling of nervousness. Instead, she was surprisingly calm. Remembering that moment in the village, she realized that the Water Temple location wasn't that far from the neighborhood.

They had to cross the woods that had a flora of various colors. They walked around those woods for several minutes until they met an entrance by a large stone wall. Standing on either side of the entrance were small statues holding lamps. The figures reminded Arisa of serpent-like dragons but with large, scaly fins decorating their tail.

Arisa remembered that Tausa only allowed those who would go to the sea to follow her in the temple, so Rangi and Aleki ended up waiting outside. Entering the long hallway with lanterns illuminating their path, Arisa wasn't sure how long they walked until they reached the lake.

"Here we are." Tausa's voice washed away Arisa's thoughts.

Arisa blinked and followed Garoh after he hopped from their path to the small isle in the middle of the lake. Garoh grabbed her arm as she slipped and almost fell.

"Thank you," she said, regaining her posture.

"No problem," said Garoh, dropping her hand. "Be careful, though. This floor is slippery."

Arisa nodded and examined the white floor. Looking at it, she thought it had been made of different tiles. She blinked twice, noticing that the green-blue drawing, formed a large circle with foreign writings filling its contours.

"Please make yourselves comfortable," said Tausa.

Arisa noticed that she had walked further in the area and was about to bent her knees and have a seat. The team quickly approached her and sat cross-legged in front of the elder lady. Noticing the bright light illuminating their area, Arisa gazed up and saw a circular opening on the cave's ceiling, welcoming the bright sunlight. As she adjusted herself on the cold floor, Arisa saw a set of wooden cups, a kettle and a staff decorated with seashells.

"Interesting," teased Thelma. "So I'm guessing the enchantment is some kind of potion. I was expecting some kind of dance."

Garoh gazed at her. "Really? I was expecting a spell or a rune."