⊱⊰ 54: At the Mother Island ⊱⊰

Arisa enjoyed the cool breeze that blew past her as the motorboat took her and her companions to the Mother Island. As chatter filled the atmosphere, she lost herself in her thoughts, gazing at the stream the boat left behind the green-blue water.

After meeting Tausa in the plaza, Rangi suggested returning to the inn to gather with her companions. Having a feeling that Tausa would agree to enchant them, Rangi told them to grab their belongings, in case they would need to use an item during their exploration in the ocean.

As Tam wasn't there to take them to the Mother Island, Rangi decided to rent a boat and take them there personally. In the end, Vina fought to convince Rangi to let Aleki join them on their trip. Arisa later found out that Vina's son was there to watch his uncle in case he decided to explore the ocean too. Arisa moved away strands of her dark hair that fell over her face, thinking that Vina was sure overprotective of her brother.

"So does this lady have an ability to see who people are just by looking at them?" teased a cheerful voice in the background. "That could explain why she knew who Arisa was right before you introduced her."

Arisa shifted her view from the blue see and focused on the people sitting around the boat. She noticed that this motorboat was a bit more spacious compared to Tam's.

"You think that power exists?" asked Kazuya, looking at Thelma by his side. "Since you made up that ability to fool your cousin."

As Thelma chuckled, Arisa remembered that moment in London Wall. She gazed at the floor, still feeling a bit embarrassed for believing Thelma's lie.

"Well," said Aleki, "we sort of have that ability. Since we can read auras, we can see who people are."

As realization took over the atmosphere, Arisa gazed at the built boy standing not far from them, controlling the boat's wheel. She remembered the first time she met Caris. The Oceanian had called her Aries, telling her that her aura was similar to the star.

"My nephew is right," said Rangi, sitting by Kazuya's side. "Grandmother Tausa might have recognized Arisa thanks to our ability. But then, she could have met her before to really know who she actually is. We can only recognize a person's identity through their aura only after meeting them or have seen them somewhere before."

Arisa's brows touched. "But we never met before. That was the first time we actually saw each other."

"Then, maybe she compared your aura to your parents'," said Rangi, rubbing his jaw. "She might have met them before and saw part of their aura in you."

Arisa blinked, her heart speeding at the mention of her parents. She shifted a bit from the cream-colored seat, wondering how fate took them to the wise woman.

"Arisa's parents were Guardians," said Kazuya, his tone thoughtful. "My mother once told me that their last activity was nineteen years ago. Maybe they passed by Oceana during their time as Guardians."

Arisa gazed at the boy sitting small steps away in front of her, a little pride flowing in her blood.

Rangi's brown eyes brightened as he looked at Arisa. "Your parents were also Guardians? What a blessed bloodline. Which star did they represent?"

"Erm," said Arisa, fidgeting on her shorts. "Libra and Aries."

"Oh," said Rangi, his brows rising. "I don't remember seeing those Guardians around here and believe me, during my youth, I would do anything to see a real Guardian."

As chuckles filled the air. Arisa exhaled, telling herself that there were many worlds out there. It wouldn't be possible for her parents to protect them all.