⊱⊰ Epilogue ⊱⊰

The sound of calm waves mixed with the chant of seagulls filled the silence as a cool breeze blew past him, messing his black hair even more. Sitting on a small, round boulder, En stared at the screen of his device, losing himself in his thoughts.

He had countless missed calls from Miria and since morning, she had sent him concerning messages. After she told him to return to Celestia immediately, today he woke up with another message, telling him to go to Eteria instead. En found that message suspicious, wondering what happened in Celestia for him to be summoned in Eteria.

He hoped that nothing grave had happened. He tried to be positive, thinking that maybe it was yet another gathering for a meeting. Even though he tried to comfort himself with that thought, part of him still worried about what could have happened since he left his world to find Arisa. A lot of troublesome events have occurred after he returned from the Forbidden Lands and there was a risk he would lose his right to become King.

He couldn't let that happened. Unless someone took his life, being a King was the only thing he could do to fulfill his mother's dying wish.

He exhaled, telling himself that he was probably worrying for nothing. Still, part of him still haunted him with negative thoughts. He locked the screen of his device. If it wasn't for Virgo telling him to hang on in this world because of her selfish personality, he would have gone to Celestia as soon as his cousin called him.

"I thought you would be in Celestia right now," said a sweet voice behind him, "I never thought you would be still wandering around here, Your Highness."

"I had a setback," he said without turning around, recognizing the owner of that voice.

After the battle with Arisa, all he had planned was to travel straight to Celestia. But as he lost track to find the portal that connected this world with Earth and his time as a dragon ran out, he ended up spending the rest of the night on this small island.

"If it wasn't for your silly games," he said, his voice emotionless, "I would be home now."

Virgo gasped. "Oh my. I'm so hurt by your words. To think I was trying to help you and your father. People are so ungrateful these days."

En didn't fall for her fake words. It was obvious that she was helping him only to have an entertaining show to watch.

"In the end, it was all pointless," teased Virgo. "You failed again. I'm sure papa Reiji won't be happy when you tell him that news. You had such a good opportunity to take her life. What happened?"

En didn't say anything and unlocked his device, swiping through it in silence. He didn't feel like making Virgo's day by talking about his struggles.

"I've noticed that you've acted cold towards her in your last encounters," said Virgo, breaking the silence. "Are you so weak that you would rather be killed than killing her? That's so sweet and I must say, it's not a bad strategy. You will be remembered as a prince who died in a mission instead of a prince who ashamed his people."

Despite Virgo's words hurting him a bit, En didn't react and remained silent. He remembered the many times he tried to give himself the courage to do what he had to do. But every time he thought of killing Arisa, he would feel disgusted. There was no way he could kill her. His feelings for her were still strong.

Even though Virgo's words were harsh, she wasn't wrong. With his feelings still being this strong, he would rather die than killing the woman he loved. 

Since he had already ashamed his people by helping her in the Forbidden Lands, failing his mission to show them he wasn't weak would make things worse. Dying in a battle wouldn't hurt his ancestors' reputation. He thought that it was the only option to not disappoint his people again without bothering Arisa and her family.