⊱⊰ 4: Emotions [New] ⊱⊰

A plant with long leaves and red flowers clustered on its stalk, caught Arisa's attention as she examined the area filled with tall green vegetation.

She quickly approached the plant that looked vivid in between the green and yellow environment.

"I can't believe it," she whispered, touching the plant that reached her hip.

She then kneeled, sensing the sweet scent of the flowers as she curled her fingers around the stalk. As she gently attempted to remove the plant from the dark brown ground, she couldn't help but be amazed. Throughout the years she was allowed to hunt medicinal herbs, Arisa never saw a Rakta Chitrak, one of the many rare plants in her region.

She remembered how her grandmother would order medicines based on that plant to help the people in need. She sometimes would tell her that if the Rakta Chitrak grew in their region, it would solve a lot of problems since its roots had many medicinal properties.

As she successfully picked the plant, Arisa examined the finger-shaped roots that were covered with dark, moist sand. She smiled, looking forward to seeing how her grandmother would use its properties to prepare another medicine.

"Arisa," called a soft voice. "Arisa."

"Yes?" Arisa slowly stood up.

When she turned around, her gaze met a child with two-toned hair that was tied in a braided ponytail. The girl's light brown eyes gazed back at her with wonder.

"What is it, Mimi?" Arisa smiled.

As Mimi showed Arisa the green plant she was holding around her pinkish fingers, another child approached her. She looked exactly like Mimi, the difference being that she was a bit slim and her two-toned hair was tied into two pigtails.

"Well," said Mimi, "Momo and I were playing a little game to see who picks up more medicinal herbs. Since I'm at an advantage, she thinks that this is a regular plant. Can you confirm it?"

"You and Momo competing," said Arisa, receiving the plant. "It's not every day I see that."

Mimi giggled. "Well, Stupid Brother is not here to irritate, so I thought I would mess with Momo for a bit."

As Momo sighed, Arisa giggled, remembering that Kazuya and her grandfather had left the house to fetch water. She then examined the plant carefully.

In between the long, thin dark green leaves, Arisa spotted a small solitary flower with white colored florets. She rubbed the leaves, trying to remember the many plants she had seen in her grandmother's books.

"It is," she finally said, her tone a bit unsure. "If I'm not mistaken, the plant is called Bhringraj and some of its benefits include treatment of skin problems and aid for scorpion bites."

"Really?" asked Momo, her tone amazed.

Arisa nodded. "Yes. It has other benefits that I don't remember clearly."

Arisa scratched her dark head, telling herself to find a day to revise her grandmother's books. After all, she wanted to follow her footsteps, once she would be done with her quest as a Guardian.

A slight disappointment struck her heart as she remembered her quest. It had been a month since she inherited her powers and she still was stuck in Celestia. She had hoped to travel around the worlds to find her friends right after she spoke to Kazuya about their mission.

But after she told her family about her mission, they suggested for her to test her new skills for at least a week. After all, there were high chances that she could cross paths with the other Guardians during her journey and she couldn't face them unprepared.