⊱⊰ 43: Risk ⊱⊰

Arisa shrunk as a cold breeze blew past her. She folded her arms, rubbing them. Despite having worn a sweater, she still could feel the chilly air penetrate in her skin.

She gazed up. Through the space between the tall trees, she could see several clouds hiding the night sky. She returned her view back to her front, fixing the hair that had moved over her face thanks to the breeze. Maybe it was because it was really a late hour and the summer had only started, but she found the weather a bit too cold for the season.

"Seems like Garoh has succeeded to summon the special woods," whispered Kazuya.

Arisa focused on the only area that had illumination. Through the many trees, Arisa spotted Garoh's silhouette, careful peering by the tree that hid him from the guards not far from him.

Arisa exhaled, a sudden nervousness flowing within her.

"Now we only have to wait," she said, trying to keep calm. "I hope the scent caused by Garoh's woods, won't take long to confuse our targets."

Kazuya chuckled quietly. "You're so impatient."

Arisa narrowed her eyes and wished the clouds hadn't hidden the moon so that Kazuya could see her glare.

"If we weren't in the enemy's territory," she said, returning her view to the front, "I wouldn't mind waiting. And this weather isn't helping."

Arisa crossed her arms again as another chilly breeze blew past her. She wished she had equipped herself with warmer clothes. Kazuya chuckled again before he focused on the scene behind his tree. As both awaited the signal of their companions, Arisa remembered the tour the team had earlier.

After crossing the green forest, seeing a small number of animals behind the chariot's window, the team met their tour guide right at their transportation's stop. She remembered the small robot standing on the ranger's shoulder, working as an assistant for fun facts.

During the one hour they spent exploring the wonders of the National Park, Arisa was fascinated with every side of the cave they walked by and its history. Some areas had a smooth surface, while others had rough to spiky walls. With the many caves the area had, Arisa still was amazed that it was believed this attraction had yet more caves to be discovered.

Later that day, they thought of a plan to access the cave. Noticing that the entrance was protected by two guards and a medium-sized robot, the team had to come with a plan to enter the cave at night without causing any trouble.

Remembering that tour, Arisa hoped that they wouldn't take long to find the Master's hideout if the cave turns out to be the area where it was hidden.

"Oh." Arisa blinked twice. "The lights are off."

"That can only be Thelma," said Kazuya. "We'd better prepare ourselves."

Arisa nodded and peeked by her tree. With no illumination, Arisa could barely see the shadows of the cave's entrance.

Time went by and Arisa heard her heart thumping. She inhaled, attempting to calm herself. She didn't understand why she was suddenly feeling so nervous at a crucial time like this. She closed her eyes, telling herself everything will be fine.

"The voice seems to come from around here," said a male voice in the background.

Arisa almost jumped when she saw two armed men pass by a few trees by her side and running deep in the woods. She touched her chest, feeling her heart hammering against it.

Warm fingers curled around hers. Despite not seeing his face, Arisa understood that Kazuya was trying to comfort her. She smiled, holding his hand.