⊱⊰ 26: Kaus Australis [Revised] ⊱⊰

"What do you mean by that?" Arisa slowly walked a step forward. "I thought you wouldn't get in my way after I sealed your powers."

Arisa glanced at Cancer's shoulder. She still could see Aries' symbol glowing weakly behind his dark shirt, meaning that his magical energy was still sealed. She focused her view back at him and saw uneasiness in his expression.

"I won't get in your way if your aim is to save Aadila," said Cancer, not lowering his arms. "But if you want to help Sagittarius, then you'll have to bring me down."

"I don't understand," said Arisa, shaking her head lightly. "Why won't you let me help my friend after you told me I was free to save the other one?"

Axel didn't reply and gazed at the ground. Arisa remembered his words, telling her that he joined the Guardians to protect his family. She guessed that standing in her way was his way to show his colleagues that he was doing his job.

She summoned her sword and looked at the boy standing before her. Her palms sweated; she couldn't find the courage to harm a powerless person. She clenched her fist, trying to find the courage to take him down.

"I must applaud you." Scorpio's arrogant voice broke the quick silence. "For a novice Guardian who has a useless weapon, you've been handling my attacks well."

Arisa glanced over Cancer's shoulder. The snake-like water dragon still danced by the Purple Guardian's side. Not far from the Guardian, Arisa saw Thelma shakily taking a step backward, slowly gesturing with her hand, gathering a dim light.

Scorpio giggled. "How pitiful. You keep insisting on using that useless weapon. Can't you see there's hardly any light for you to collect?"

"I don't care," said Thelma. "I'll show you that Kaus Australis isn't useless."

Scorpio shrugged. "Oh well. You'll die trying to prove it then."

The water dragon charged forward. Thelma walked sideways, hardly dodging the attack. Scorpio gestured with her hand, commanding the water dragon to keep attacking.

"Thelma." Arisa walked sideways. Cancer blocked her attempt to help her friend.

Cancer glanced over his shoulder. "Poor girl. With that dragon keeping her busy, Sagittarius can't summon her fire to strengthen her arrow of light."

"What do you mean by that?" Arisa frowned.

Battle cries and sounds of something smashing the ground filled the silence as Cancer focused his dark brown eyes on Arisa.

"Before you found this place," he said, "Sagittarius came up with a strategy to summon her element and absorb its light. She was doing well until Scorpio continually attacked her and didn't allow her to summon her fire."

Arisa's brows arched at that revelation. Seeing how tough it could be for Thelma to summon her element and absorb its light while defending from her enemy, Arisa admired Thelma's strength.

Another crushing sound filled the atmosphere. Arisa attempted to rush after her. Cancer stopped her again. She curled her lip, calling back her sword. She thought of taking down her opponent using her fists since she couldn't find the courage to stop him with her weapon.

As she prepared herself for battle, her gaze met the scene not far from her, she noticed that Thelma was trying to find a way to fight the purple armored figure. As she looked at her friend, a sudden realization hit Arisa.

"If I can't be there to battle by her side, then..." Arisa glanced at her armored hand, focusing heat around it. "I'll help her in the shadows."

Cancer raised his brows, watching orange-red fireballs circling around Arisa's hand.