⊱⊰ 14: Welcome to London [Revised] ⊱⊰

"Ladies and Gentlemen prepare for landing," said a male voice in the background.

"Finally," said Kazuya playfully, "Arisa will have a break from her fear."

"I-I'm not scared," said Arisa, her hands trembling. "It's just that I can't help but wonder how this metal thing is able to fly; I'm not sure if it's safe."

Arisa heard Dan chuckle before she placed her hands on the soft blue seat, searching for her seatbelt. She then realized that she never removed it, ever since entering this machine.

"You don't have to worry." Dan tried to calm down. "Airplanes are considered Earth's safest transport."

Arisa gasped. "T-this thing? S-safest transportation?"

Arisa couldn't believe what she was hearing; there was no way that a heavy, metallic machine like this was safe. She tightened her grip on the armchair as she felt uneasy. She couldn't wait to reach the ground.

"And how is this thing capable of flying?" Arisa gazed at Dan, who was sitting by her left side. "Its wings are not flapping. Birds flaps their wings to fly; Celestians too."

Dan laughed again and Arisa glanced at the chubby man in glasses, wondering if she asked something stupid.

"Ah, this is why it's great to explore other worlds," said Dan, patting her shoulder. "We are always stunned when we see so many different things. I was like you when I first visited Earth; it has so many wonders that you won't stop asking questions."

Arisa smiled at him, wondering what other surprises this world had in store for her.

"Just relax," continued Dan, "we're almost there."

Arisa took a deep breath. She tapped her finger on the armchair, hoping to land as soon as possible.

"Calm down," said Kazuya. "If anything happens, we'll be sure to catch you. After all, we're Celestians."

As Arisa gazed by her right side and met Kazuya, he winked at her. She smiled. Throughout the trip, he had been trying to comfort her and she was glad to have him by her side.

"I'm surprised that you didn't take a little nap throughout the whole journey," continued Kazuya. "When we reach the place to spend the night, I'm sure the first thing you'll do is sleep."

"Maybe," said Arisa, sighing. "I couldn't sleep with the plane shaking as if it would shatter."

Arisa remembered the several minutes the plane shook; her heart couldn't stop hammering until things calmed down.

"Turbulences are normal," said Dan, his tone quiet. "There was nothing to worry about."

"But still," said Arisa, gazing at him, "it was scary."

The interior lights switched off as the plane started to descend. Arisa could feel heaviness pulling her down. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nervousness.

As the plane slowly landed, her heart sped, pumping excitement. She would finally see Thelma, one of her dear companions. Arisa wondered how she had been dealing with her powers and if Forty-seven, her mechanical assistant was still there with her.

As she tightened her grip on her seat, she remembered the journey to reach London. After taking the train in Celestia, their final stop was Hong Kong, one of Earth's many countries and the only passage that connected Earth with Celestia.

She remembered feeling dizzy after reaching that world. Knowing that she was at her limit with the rune of disguise, she was told to deactivate the spell as they didn't see any wanted posters in that country. It seemed as though King Reiji hadn't requested the Earthlings' help to find her yet.