⊱⊰ 30: A Heart's Desire [Revised] ⊱⊰

Arisa blinked twice at the scene before her. After passing several minutes traveling through the vast green land, the trio had finally entered the city. Despite the buildings not being very tall, she couldn't help but be amazed at the view.

Colorful circular buildings with curious drawings beautifying their surface filled the environment. A small number of regular shaped edifices added more variety to the area. Crowds of beings with unusual appearances wandered around the busy streets. Some looked like anthropomorphic birds; others had the appearance of a human with small avian details.

As the horses kept following the two large birds guiding them to their destination, Arisa admired the city with fascination. Through the citizens' chatter, Arisa heard a sudden whistle; the horses quickly stopped.

"What's going on?" Arisa peeked by Kazuya's side.

Kazuya tried to make the horse move by pulling the leather reins. "I don't know; the horse is not responding to my commands."

"Same here," said Thelma. "I wonder what's wrong."

Arisa gazed by her left side and saw Thelma attempting to make the brown horse move. The animal didn't respond.

"There's nothing wrong," said a male voice. "I ordered them to stop."

As Arisa examined her surroundings, she spotted a short and strong creature approaching their area. Like the being that had lent them the horses, the creature before them had the face of a bird.

"You have reached your destination." The creature patted Thelma's horse. "I am Cuabe, Tuge's brother. I am here to retrieve the horses."

For several seconds, only the citizen's chatter filled the atmosphere.

"I see," said Kazuya, preparing to hop off the horse. "We'll have to walk to find our destination then."

Arisa curled her fingers around Kazuya's hand as he helped her hop off their transportation.

"Hopefully," she said, "our destination isn't far from here."

Unfortunately, it will take you fifteen minutes to reach the castle, Ansha's voice echoed in Arisa's mind. It's better to find transportation if you want to reach there fast.

Arisa gazed up. Through the clear blue sky, she saw the blue jay and the swan flapping their wings.

It's a shame they can't fly, Saranyu's voice played in Arisa's mind, they would get there faster.

"We can fly," said Kazuya, focusing his element on his hand.

As the two birds gazed at him confused, Kazuya touched Arisa's shoulder. Libra's symbol showed its presence and Arisa felt lighter. Kazuya's didn't waste another second and walked towards Thelma, touching her shoulder.

"Well then, Mr. Cuabe," said Kazuya, slowly taking flight, "send our thanks to your brother; we wouldn't be here without your service."

"Yeah," agreed Thelma. "We would definitely still be walking to find this city."

Cuabe nodded. "I will be sure to let him know."

After hearing his words, Kazuya increased his altitude. Arisa and Thelma automatically floated along with him. When they approached the two large birds, silence fell for a few seconds as the two birds stared at them surprised.

 Kazuya smiled. "So will you continue to take the lead?"

Ah, sorry. Ansha flapped her blue wings quickly, Arisa could see the wound caused by the creature from the forest. Please follow us.