⊱⊰ 16: The Guardian that Steals Light [Revised] ⊱⊰

Arisa gazed at her surroundings, losing herself in her thoughts. The late afternoon sun could be hardly seen as the heavy gray clouds hid it, decreasing the light that illuminated the technological city below. Through the glass wall, Arisa watched as various citizens walked on the sidewalk close by the bakery where she was having her lunch.

Robots and androids of different sizes passed by the same street. From a moment to another she spotted several flying pods floating by. As her gaze remained trapped on the tall glass buildings, Arisa sighed.

"Tired already?" asked Kazuya.

Arisa shook her head and shifted her gaze to him. "No. I'm just feeling a bit down."

"Really?" Kazuya raised a brow. "I always thought you would keep your cheerful mood since we're in a new world."

A small smile formed across Arisa's face. "I'm still thrilled that we're traveling around the worlds. After all, exploring the worlds has always been my dream."

Kazuya took a bite of his sandwich as he listened to her.

"What's bothering me is that it's been three days since we've looked for Thelma and still haven't found her."

"I never thought you would be so impatient." Kazuya chuckled quickly. "It's understandable we haven't found her yet. This city is big and we don't know exactly where she lives."

Arisa rubbed the almost empty cup of juice. "It would have been nice if we had her address."

"Yeah," agreed Kazuya. "Things would have been easier."

As Kazuya was busy eating, Arisa distracted herself by examining her surroundings. The white light illuminated the medium sized room filled with several round tables. Deep in the area, a bakery case could be seen displaying various types of bread and cakes. A few oval-shaped robots wandered around the store asking new customers what their order was.

Gazing at the golden colored walls of the area, Arisa saw a small screen showing the news of the day. She exhaled. The following day after their arrival in this country, Arisa and Kazuya wandered around the city with no idea where to start their search.

Dan had suggested them to track her by looking in a list of contacts given by an android working in the telecommunications section, but they didn't know Thelma's family name. At the end of that first day, Kazuya suggested exploring schools and areas of leisure in hopes of crossing paths with her.

As they wandered around schools and other areas with no success, they ended up relying on the news they would see on T.V. with a plan to meet her in the location she was practicing her duty. Somehow the Yellow Guardian showed up in the screens every day, but whenever Arisa and Kazuya tried to reach the area of impact, they were always late.

"I wonder if we'll ever find her." Arisa broke the brief silence. "Maybe it was better to travel to Lunara first. Garoh is a prince; it would have been easier to find him."

"It would have been easier," agreed Kazuya, "but unfortunately to reach Lunara from our world would take time. It's better to start with the closest world instead of running in circles."

"True," said Arisa, defeated.

As she had her drink, she hoped that they would find their companion soon. After all, without them, Eklipta wouldn't reveal where the Masters were hidden.

"I have an idea," said Kazuya. "We'll have to talk to a lot of random people, though."

"As long as we find Thelma fast, I don't mind," said Arisa hopefully.

--♐♑♓--

Arisa rubbed her arms as a chilly breeze touched her skin. The sun remained hidden behind the gray clouds as they walked downtown.