⊱⊰ 63: Circumstances ⊱⊰

Arisa prepared herself for a possible attack, taking a step backward as she carefully gazed at the algae woman standing not far from her.

"I'm so glad that in the end, you decided to explore this place," said Virgo, her voice cheerful. "When I heard the history of this place, I had a feeling that one of the Elements could be hidden here. So I thought there could be a chance you and your bunch would be curious about it after finding your little friend."

As Virgo set her bright green eyes on Arisa's right side, Arisa glanced by her side and saw that the marine blue armored Caris was holding her trident, ready to fight.

Arisa gazed back at Virgo. "Wha-what do you want?"

Even though Arisa knew what those despicable beings' goal was, she wanted to make time by distracting her in a way she could find a way to escape or if possible, kill enough time so her companions could join them in a battle against Virgo. Arisa had no hopes of defeating such a powerful Guardian like her.

"Nothing really," replied Virgo with a playful tone. "After all, I'm not the one destined to take your life. I just want to have some fun."

Arisa's brows touched, feeling a bit confused. After the trouble Virgo went through to add fire to the tensions between the People of Maré, the Islanders and their children as well as to lure Arisa's team to this place, all the Guardian wanted was to have fun? Arisa found that suspicious.

"From your reaction, I'm seeing that you don't believe me." Virgo chuckled quickly.

Arisa tightened her grip on her weapon. "Of course I don't. No one would believe you after seeing everything you have done in the Forbidden Lands and Lunara."

"Oh my," said Virgo, placing her hand on her chest. "I had no choice in the Forbidden Lands. We had to do something to avoid our fate and as for Lunara, I made a promise to help the poor princess escape her fated marriage. I'm a being who doesn't break promises. I couldn't just allow the princess to get married by force after I gave her my word."

Arisa frowned at Virgo's words. She wondered how Virgo could feel that everything she had done was out of pure innocence. She really sounded as if she didn't see anything wrong with what she had done, despite her hands being dirty of the blood of the candidates from the Forbidden Lands and the people from Lunara.

"Then it's clear that you will kill me," said Arisa, preparing her sword, "since you want to avoid our fate."

Virgo raised a brow. "As I told you before, I'm not the one destined to kill you."

Arisa gazed at her. As sadness resurfaced within her, remembering what Kazuya had told her, Arisa wanted to tell Virgo that the person who was destined to take her life was no longer there with them. But nothing left her lips as she didn't want to believe he was dead.

"I just want to have some fun," continued Virgo.

As soon as Virgo announced that, Arisa felt as if the ground was shaking a bit. She fought not to fall and examined her surroundings. Even though the rain and the vapor gave her limited visibility, Arisa could see small shadows popping up from the soil around them.

Arisa took a step back, noticing that those shadows were slowly leaving the ground.

"Caris, be careful," she said, glancing at the armored girl by her side. "Those are Virgo's puppets."

Caris nodded. "I will. I remember how she fought you and the boys in that world. I'll be sure to keep my guard raised."

Arisa gazed back to her front, remembering that during that battle, Caris, Thelma, and Nala were hiding somewhere. As she examined her surroundings carefully, Arisa noticed that more small shadows were popping out in a wider area.