⊱⊰ 32: Lady Urié [Revised] ⊱⊰

Arisa tried to hide her amazement as they finally accessed the Royal Palace. A spacious environment feasted her eyes, meeting various buildings and statues garnishing the area. Like the typical architecture of this country, the edifices had roofs that lightly curved up as they reached their edges.

Her heart sped, spreading more excitement. She felt tiny under the light red tower that had multiple eaves, edges of roofs that overhang the surface of the bright wall. It was as if the edifice had many roofs and it really looked majestic now that she had a closer look at it.

Walking in the royal grounds, Arisa saw various beings in different uniforms strolling around in a hurry. Noticing how the Lunarians looked so desperate, Arisa guessed that those people were worried about the palace's preparations to receive the royal guests.

As they walked even further, distancing from the busy areas, Arisa spotted colorful vegetation beautifying the open environment.

"This place sure is big," said Arisa, still examining her surroundings.

Kazuya gazed at her, blinking. "What did you expect? We're in a Royal Residence."

Arisa looked at him, remembering that the castle in the Kingdom of Ribawe wasn't as big as Lunara's palace. 

Battle cries met Arisa's ears as Xu guided them to yet another path, leading to a spacious garden.

The battle cries that had a mix of growls grew louder and when they reached the battleground, Arisa's chin dropped. Tall wooden objects that reminded Arisa of trunks, filled part of the green almost blue garden. On top of the wooden items stood two beasts, clashing with each other by using their claws and kicks. As the two opponents fought, Arisa noticed that one was a cheetah and the other was a leopard.

"Woah," said Thelma. "I wish I could fight like that, without worrying about falling."

Xu glanced at Thelma, grinning. "As martial artists, we have to get used to any kind of battleground. Training in an unusual setting can help."

Thelma and Kazuya gazed at him, their brows raising.

Arisa couldn't drop her gaze from the battle, her heart pumping amazement as she witnessed the opponents jumping from one wooden object to another. As the two kept exchanging blows, Arisa couldn't believe that one of them hadn't fallen from that atypical battleground.

Before Arisa could express her surprise and ask how those two kept their balance, she spotted the leopard jumping sideways to dodge an invisible force.

"Ah, Xu," said the leopard, noticing their presence.

When the cheetah-like being turned around to see them, the leopard jumped forward and kicked his opponent. The cheetah grunted as she fell on the green ground.

"You failed again, Dalia," said the leopard, jumping off from the tall wooden object.

Dalia shakily stood up. "I wouldn't have failed if you hadn't used a cheap trick, uncle Bào."

"There you go with your excuses, Dalia," said Xu, approaching them. "You already know that we can't let our guard down in a battle. No matter what."

"Whatever," said Dalia, looking away. She slowly decreased her figure, taking a human-like form. "Anyway, who are those strange-looking beings by your side."

Thelma's brows raised. "We have a strange-looking appearance?"

"We're in another world," said Kazuya. "Of course the inhabitants of this world find our appearance strange."

Thelma patted Kazuya's shoulder, smiling. "I know, Kayuzo. I was just playing."

As the Lunarian fully shifted to her normal form, Arisa blinked twice at sight of the being standing in front of her. Golden voluminous hair reached part of Dalia's neck and black spots covered most of her tanned face and arms.