⊱⊰ 10: On the Road [Revised] ⊱⊰

The marine green spiral flashed through the orange light that illuminated the room. Arisa rubbed the smooth surface of the spherical pendant. It had been weeks since she last saw that magical item. She had followed her grandparents' advice and locked away the necklace for safety. She would see it again on the day of her journey.

She didn't drop her gaze on the pendant that had most of its surface painted in a silvery-blue color.

Eklipta will help you find the Elements. She remembered her mother's words. Once you find enough members to battle them, it will communicate with you.

Arisa placed the cold metallic chain around her neck. She exhaled, hoping that the friends she had made in the Forbidden Lands would be enough to awaken Eklipta. Counting with her and Kazuya, it would make five Guardians against one Master. 

Despite most of her team still being new in this world of Guardians, she had a feeling they would be enough to battle their opponent.

Fighting the Master of Air was the toughest battle we ever had. She remembered her mother's words again.

Arisa squeezed the smooth item and took a deep breath, hoping that luck would be by their side.

"Arisa," called a soft voice. "Everyone is waiting."

Arisa turned around and saw Momo in large pink pajamas and messy hair.

"Good morning, Momo." Arisa placed her bag on her shoulder. "I thought you were still asleep; it's still early in the morning."

Momo shook her head as she rubbed her eyes. "We wanted to say bye to big brother and you. You two don't have a set date to return."

"True," said Arisa as they walked away from her room. 

Weak orange light illuminated the bright walls of the small corridor as they strolled around it.

"The quest depends on Eklipta's activity," continued Arisa. "If it doesn't communicate with us as soon as possible, our quest may take a long while."

Arisa touched her pendant. Her fingers fidgeted on its surface as she wondered how long it would take them to find the Elements and fight them.

"I hope it will talk to you soon," Momo said, her voice hoarse. "I don't want to see you and big brother many years later as old people."

Arisa giggled. "I don't think our quest will take that long. But that's sweet of you to sacrifice your sleep to see us go."

Arisa patted Momo's messy head as she smiled at her. As they reached the living room that had a few lamps illuminating its surroundings, they didn't see anyone. The girls rushed to the door, leaving the house.

The chilly morning breeze blew past Arisa's dark cloak as soon as she reached the outdoors. She rubbed her arms and noticed that the morning sun hadn't shown its presence yet. Noticing a group gathered around a black carriage in the vast garden, the girls walked forward to join them.

"Big brother." Momo locked her arms around Kazuya as soon as she caught up to him.

Kazuya patted his sister's back. "I see that Sleeping Beauty sacrificed her sleep today."

"Please be safe and come back soon," said Momo, maintaining her arms wrapped around him.

"Don't worry," Kazuya said. "I'll be here before you know it. In the meantime strengthen your skills; I want to see a stronger you when we spar again."

As Mimi approached Kazuya to have yet another round of provocations, someone patted Arisa's shoulder. When she turned around, her gaze met her grandparents.