⊱⊰ 35: Arrival of the Royal Family [Revised] ⊱⊰

Arisa stared at the blond man, speechless. Shock spread in her blood as she processed that man's words. She shook her head, telling herself that there was no way Saranyu would put the relations between the two countries at risk like this.

The man gazed at Arisa all calm. Arisa didn't understand how he could say those words with a face that seemed as though he didn't care. She took a deep breath, telling herself that this man was probably saying nonsense.

"That can't be true," said Arisa. "Where did you hear that?"

"Rumors." The man glanced at the sky. "I think today is the day that everything will happen."

Sudden goosebumps crawled on Arisa's skin as she heard that. She rubbed her arms, telling herself that this man was probably messing with her.

The man exhaled. "If only my boss didn't want to see the outcome of this event, then I would be home right now. Our target is right here, but I can't do anything."

Arisa gazed at the man, confusion overtaking her expression.

"Well he's here anyway," continued the man. "It will be his problem if he fails what he has to do."

Before Arisa could frown even more at that man's words, cheers lightened the atmosphere. As Arisa turned around, she saw movement around the palace with tall bright walls. She realized that the guards were getting ready to receive the guests.

"I should take a picture of this." Thelma's voice could hardly be heard through the loud cheers.

Arisa walked towards her friends, who were standing several steps away in front of her. When she reached them, her brows arched at the sight of the imperial family standing on the staircase of the entrance.

Arisa recognized Queen Urié, who had her dark blue curly hair tied up. She had swapped her bright cloth that reminded Arisa of a kimono to a different one. The current fabric wrapped around her looked heavy with its long and wide bell-shaped sleeves and long skirt. It had a high collar and was of red color with golden details.

By the Empress' side, Arisa spotted a lightly built man with short black hair and beard. A headwear could be seen with strands of jaded beads draped from the two edges of the accessory. Like the Empress, the Emperor wore traditional clothing; a golden colored cloth with long rectangular-shaped sleeves. Red details could be seen spread across the fancy silk.

Two stairs below the couple stood three people. The woman that had part of her long dark hair tied into a bun, had her arms curled around Jun's arm. Her kimono-like marine-blue dress looked so delicate.

Arisa almost didn't recognize Garoh as his long dark blue hair was no longer tied. Like his brother, he wore a dark cloth with silver details. The robes reached his thighs, exhibiting dark pants and leather boots.

"Wow," said Thelma, taking another picture. "Garoh looks so different in his imperial clothes."

Arisa agreed with a nod. "Yeah."

When Arisa first met Garoh in the Forbidden Lands, he looked like an ordinary young man with his simple oriental clothes and casual attitude. He looked like someone a commoner would easily be friends with. Now that he was standing with his family and looking really different from the outside, he seemed like a young man an ordinary person wouldn't reach and only could admire him from afar.

"Look, the family of Ribawe is here," said a male voice in the background.

Arisa automatically gazed at the sky as she heard the chant of the griffons. Her chin dropped as she spotted a flock of half-bird and half-beast beings descending from the clear blue sky.