⊱⊰ 58: Accords ⊱⊰

"Excuse me," said Arisa, swimming through the crowd. "Sorry."

The merman glared at Arisa as she swam through the crowd. She apologized again and returned her view to the two mermaids that were swimming in between the many different types of beings filling the area, looking for a better place to see Caris and hopefully stop her from giving up her powers. Arisa tried to follow them, having difficulties swimming in between the merpeople around her.

"Wow," said Kazuya, swimming by Arisa's side. "I expected a huge crowd to be here, but not this big."

"Right," said Garoh by Kazuya's side. "Judging from the people we saw in the streets, it seems the whole city will be here."

As they tried to follow the mermaids, Arisa remembered the many beings she saw on her way to their destination. It was unbelievable how many people wanted to see Caris losing her powers and from the whispers, she heard on her way, it seemed that the People of the Sea were looking forward to seeing the prince receive his stolen powers.

The two mermaids stopped as the beings standing in between them didn't allow them to swim further.

"Unfortunately this is as far as we can go," said Camille, looking around as if she was making sure everyone was there.

Arielle sighed. "It's not a bad place, but it's still far from the area where Caris and the Royal Family will stand. I wanted to be as close as possible."

Upon hearing Arielle, Arisa examined her surroundings. Besides her companions standing by her side, she saw various merpeolple of different species filling the area. Looking at her front, she saw that they were several steps behind the people standing by the improvised barrier. Even so, she still could see the spacious zone not far from them. 

She could see large corals of various colors awarding a special detail in the middle of the plaza. Steps away from that large decoration, Arisa saw an arched building with many white pillars decorating it.

Behind the barrier that kept the population away from the main area, Arisa saw large mermen with bronze helmets, plates and shields protecting their most vulnerable spots. They watched the crowd, holding spears and swords.

"I wonder where Malu and Lala are," said Arielle, looking around.

"Since they left the house early," said Camille, "they must have found a nice place close to the barrier."

Arielle rubbed her arm. "It would be better if they were close to us, in case of trouble."

As Camille patted her niece, telling her that everything will be alright, Arisa gazed at the scene in front of her, fidgeting her fingers. Although part of her was excited that she would finally see her friend again, another part of her couldn't help but worry.

She felt something rubbing her scalp. She looked by her side and saw Kazuya.

"You look as if you're the one who'll give up her powers," he said.

A nervous chuckle escaped Arisa's lips. "Do I? Well, even though I'm not the one who will give my power, I still can't help but worry about her."

"You and that personality of yours. You've always worried about others instead of yourself." Kazuya folded his arms.

Arisa chuckled. It wasn't the first time she was hearing that. No matter where she was or what the situation was, she always thought of others before her. Even though she was told it was okay to be selfish sometimes, she still couldn't help. Her compassion was stronger.

"It will be alright. Don't worry." Kazuya gazed at his front. "If she really gives up her power, we'll stop her. She's our friend after all."

Arisa exhaled, hoping that everything will be alright with no need of them interfering. Before she could return her view to the main area, she heard someone warning another to watch where they swimming.