⊱⊰ 65: New Beginnings ⊱⊰

Something sticky tapped Arisa's face. She waved her hand, trying to remove whatever was disturbing her. She then shifted a little on her bed, keeping her eyes shut. The sticky thing touched her face again, this time curling its fingers.

With annoyance, Arisa grabbed the thing and opened her eyes. She blinked repeatedly as she saw a small girl with short curly hair, gazing back at her, chewing something.

"Oh, it's you," said Arisa, her tone surprised.

The girl didn't say anything as she had another bite of her chocolate delicacy, dirtying her mouth with its cream. Arisa dropped the child's hand, remembering the time the child kept staring at her as she had her meal.

Am I really back in the islands?

Arisa shifted a bit from her bed, having a seat. She examined her surroundings, finding herself in a medium-sized room with light violet walls that had flowery details. A few steps by her bed's side, she spotted another single bed.

I'm really back.

Arisa's gaze met the small number of furniture that decorated the area, recognizing the room where she and Thelma were hosted the first time they reached this world.

"What? Who left that door open?" asked a familiar voice.

Arisa heard footsteps approaching the room. It didn't take long for a lightly built girl with long curly hair tied in a messy bun to enter the area, looking displeased. When Lani's dark brown eyes met Arisa, she remained speechless for a few seconds.

"You're finally awake," she said, her tone calm.

"Did I sleep for too long?" asked Arisa, wondering how she ended up back on the island.

Lani walked a few steps forward. "Sort of. You were asleep when your friends brought you here. I think it was around two in the morning. It's late afternoon now."

Arisa's cheek warmed up and she gazed at her bed, not believing that she overslept again.

"Samaria," called Lani, noticing the little girl standing by Arisa's side. "What are you doing here? Mama said not to bother the guests."

Samaria didn't say anything and had another bite of her delicacy. Lani sighed and walked towards her little sister.

"Why can't you be like your twin? Enele is such a good boy." Lani grabbed her sister's small hand and gazed at Arisa. "Sorry. I guess, she's the one who woke you up."

Arisa shook her head. "It's okay. It was about time I woke up. If it wasn't for her, who knows how long I would keep sleeping."

Lani chuckled. Arisa smiled, glad to brighten the atmosphere a bit.

"I'll call uncle to come to examine you," said Lani, walking away. "He's been the one keeping your friends calm. They've been so worried about you, thinking that you had fallen in a coma since you didn't wake up for the whole journey to the islands."

Arisa's eyes widened at that revelation. She rubbed her neck, remembering how Zen knocked her out by hitting that spot. Something tightened in her chest as she remembered that moment.

"Okay," said Arisa, trying to push away that memory. "I'll be waiting."

As Lani closed the door, Arisa sighed, feeling bad for worrying her friends. She lost herself in her thoughts, wondering what happened after she passed out during her duel against Zen. Her heart sped at the thought of him and at the same time, it spread sorrow in her veins.

She curled her fingers. Despite everything that happened between them, she really hoped that he would return to his usual self after they joined forces to fight the Master of Water.