⊱⊰ 9: Always on My Mind [New] ⊱⊰

The stars streamed on the dark sky, their brightness illuminating the night. As a chilly breeze blew past her, Arisa didn't look at the starry sky that had a bright blue shade beautifying part of it. She was lost in her thoughts to admire it.

After what happened in her house a few hours ago, Arisa couldn't concentrate to resume practicing the rune of disguise with Kazuya. She was told to take a little break to clear her mind, while the rest of her family focused on preparing everything for their journey that would start early in the morning.

Lost in her thoughts, her feelings seemed as though they were conflicted. At times she felt sorry for Zen, having heard that he was despised by his own people. At another moment, she was hurt, thinking about their friendship and how everything ended this way.

She thought of the day her grandparents told her how fate was tricky. She sighed. If they hadn't met each other in the woods that night, then both of them wouldn't have gone through this suffering.

"The stars are sure bright in this region," said a soothing voice behind her.

Arisa jumped a little upon hearing that familiar voice. She glanced over her shoulder and saw Kazuya holding a lantern displaying orange light. She then gazed at the sky. A gasp escaped her lips as amazement flowed in her veins, realizing that she was missing such a beautiful scenery thanks to her worries.

"Yes," she said, still gazing at the sparkling sky. "We're away from the city, so there aren't any artificial lights to blind us from this view."

Kazuya sat by Arisa's side. "Yep. And there are no aurora streams hiding part of them."

A shy giggle escaped Arisa's lips as she agreed with him. Although she found those striking green lights painting the sky of Aurora City fascinating, sometimes she wished she could see that sky decorated with only stars and the two moons.

As Kazuya placed the lantern on the grassy ground, silence fell for several seconds as the two locked their view on the scenery above them.

"You needed some air too?" Arisa tried to break the silence. "Or you got tired packing your bag?"

After Arisa was told to take a little break, Kazuya had decided to join his mother to prepare his belongings.

"Sort of," said Kazuya. "I had to take a break from Mimi since she can't stop annoying me. She couldn't stop shoving on my face how she has improved using the rune of storing."

Arisa giggled. She remembered Elise inviting the twins to help Kazuya pack for his journey. While Mimi accepted the invitation to show off her skills to him, Momo thought it would be a great opportunity to spend most of their time together before he left for his quest.

"I have to agree with Momo," said Arisa, her tone quiet, "you two enjoy expressing your sibling love."

Kazuya folded his arms, a quick chuckle escaping his lips. "You think so?"

Arisa replied with a nod. Kazuya smiled and gazed back at the sky.

"You should take this opportunity to spend more time with her," said Arisa, "since she won't annoy you for a very long time."

"Yeah." Kazuya sighed. "I'll miss her annoyance."

Looking at Kazuya's relationship with his sisters, Arisa couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Despite seeing constant provocations between Kazuya and his sister, Arisa wished her older brother was alive.

She wondered how their relationship would be if he had survived the Guardians' massacre. Would their relationship be full of mockery and rivalry like the one between Kazuya and Mimi? Or would it be sweet and caring like the one between Kazuya and Momo?