Chapter Six

Peter pulled the chair out for me, causing me to smile brightly and sit down. He smiled back at me and walked over to his own seat, sitting down and straightening out his tie.

"I guess chivalry isn't dead." I chuckled.

"That is such a cliche thing to say, Chloe." he sighed, shaking his head.

"True, though." I smiled, shrugging, "You seem..nervous."

"Nervous? Me? No, I'm not nervous. Just excited." he said quickly.

I blinked and raised an eyebrow, turning towards the waitress and telling her what I wanted to drink, Peter doing the same. I sat back and looked around the restaurant, "I've missed this place. It reminds me of how much I love to dress up."

He smiled slightly, "I love seeing you dressed up. Reminds me that you actually try sometimes."

I scoffed and kicked his leg under the table, "So mean."

"I'm kidding. You always look beautiful."

"Don't suck up now." I chuckled, sitting back again as the waitress sat our drinks down before taking out orders.

"I have a question." he stated, the table shaking slightly.

"Ask away." I said, "And stop shaking the table."

"Sorry." he chuckled slightly, messing with his tie, "Um, have you ever thought about marriage?"

"All girls have."

"I mean, with me?"

"Have I ever thought about marrying you?" I asked, making sure I was understanding what he was asking.

"Yeah."

"Than, yes. I have." I nodded slightly, a small blush creeping up to my cheeks.

He smiled and nodded slightly, "Would you?"

"Obviously." I chuckled, "Where is this going?"

He stood up and straighten his suit jacket slightly, walking to my side of the table before kneeling down on one knee, "Well.." he started as my eyes widened and my hands went over my mouth, "I love you more than anything else. I was just hoping that we could make this permanent. Forever. Chloe Nicole Sanders, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" he asked, pulling out a black velvet box and revealing the ring.

I smiled and nodded quickly, "Yes."

He smiled brightly and slid the ring on my finger before kissing me softly. Cheers erupted around us, causing me to pull away and smile brightly, hugging him, "I love you." I mumbled.

"I love you more, future Chloe Parker."

*~*~*~*~*~

"Peter, it's beautiful." May stated the next day when we told her the news.

"I tried." he chuckled, his arm around my waist tightly.

May let go of my hand and smiled at us brightly, "I always knew you two would get married from the first day you brought her here, Pete."

"How?"

"I could just tell." she shrugged, "Ben would be so happy for you two."

"He would." Peter sighed, nodding slightly, looking down at the ground.

I frowned and looked up at him before wrapping my arms around his waist, squeezing him tightly. He chuckled quietly and hugged me back, resting his head on top of mine.

"When do you plan on having the wedding?" May asked.

I pulled away from Peter, "I don't really know. I'll probably start planning that tonight."

"I'll be more than happy to help." she smiled, "That is if you need it."

"I think I'll take you up on that offer." I smiled back, nodding.

*~*~*~*~

So he proposed in the most cliche way xD oh well hehe

Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it :)