Chapter Twenty-Two

Hey guys! My sister brought her laptop to the beach and I decided to sit outside, watch the ocean, ignore the people, and write :) hehe no comment replies today because I'm feeling lazy c:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"What? How?" Peter asked, staring at the tv, "He was arrested and everything."

"Well, that doesn't mean he couldn't escape." I sighed, looking over at him, "I think you better start looking for him."

"I will be. He'll probably show up at Oscorp today." he stated, shaking his head slightly, "You stay here. I'll text you if anything happens."

I nodded and walked into the kitchen, "You still want that breakfast?"

"Sure."

*~*~*~*~*~

I scrolled through random beach houses on the computer. I really want to go soon.. I sat back in the seat, studying the large house on the screen. That would definitely be too big for just me and Peter. I clicked the back button and picked up my phone, not seeing any new messages. Nothing much must be going on. Maybe Electro is making a slow comeback and isn't going to do anything major yet.

Just as I had that thought, my phone dinged. I raised an eyebrow and read the message quickly.

He's here. He's not attacking yet.

I sat my phone down, not bothering to reply. Maybe he'll try and fix what he's done. He might actually become a good guy. I chuckled at my own thought. Like that would happen. After everything Peter and the police done to him, nothing could change his ways. That instantly worried me. What if he tries to hurt Peter?

These are the moments I need my powers back. I sighed loudly and looked at the current house, not liking how it was decorated. I'm a pretty picky person when it came to which house I would be staying at. I quickly exited off of the website and stood up, slipping on my Vans. I'm not just going to stay here while my husband is at work with Electro right near him.

*~*~*~*~*~

*Peter*

I stared at the glowing blue man standing in front of everyone, slowly looking through the crowd. I started backing away from everyone, my fingers already starting to unbutton my shirt while trying to keep my other suit hidden. I glanced around at everyone else, seeing no one was noticing me slipping into a different room. I quickly shut the door and pulled my mask on, pulling the rest of my top layer of clothes off.

I slipped out a random window and swung out, instantly landing on another side of the building. I glaned down, seeing a familiar head of brown hair quickly making its way into Oscorp.

"Chloe, what are you doing." I muttered, shaking my head before swinging into the building.

Everyone looked up, including Electro. A scowl instantly crossed his features. Here we go.