Chapter Seventeen

I blinked at the screen and sat back in the chair. Why was I on the computer? I quickly exited off and stood up, making my way towards the door. I don't really want to be here anymore. Turning the doorknob, I raised an eyebrow when it wouldn't budge.

"No, no, no." I mumbled, still trying to turn the knob.

"Babe, you in here?" I heard Peter's voice ask.

"Yeah. I can't get out though." I frowned, "The door is locked."

"Can you use your powers to knock off the doorknob?"

"I don't think I should." I mumbled, "There's something weird going on here."

"What do you mean?"

Before I could answer, the orange lights started glowing brighter. I turned around and leaned my back against the door, raising an eyebrow slightly. A random table appeared out of the floor, causing me to walk towards it slowly.

"Chloe, what's going on?"

I stayed quiet as Peter pounded his fists against the door, yelling at me from behind it. I slowly sat down on the table, knowing this was probably a dumb idea. I let out a breath and glanced at the door, Peter's frantic yells still being muffled by the door. I closed my eyes and laid back, waiting to see what would happen."

*Peter*

I glanced down at my hands, seeing my knuckles were a bright red. I slowly backed away from the door before raised my foot and kicking it roughly. It finally opened, causing me to quickly run into the room. I saw Chloe laying on a table, orange light surrounding her. I ran over to her and placed my hands on her shoulders, seeing that her eyes were closed.

"Chloe? Baby, are you okay?" I asked, my hands moving up to hold her face in my hands.

She mumbled something under her breath before her brown contacted eyes opened, focusing on me, "Peter?"

"I'm right here." I said, "What happened?"

"I don't know." she muttered, slowly sitting up, "Can we get out of here now?"

*~*~*~*~

*Chloe*

I woke up the next morning, Peter's arm tightly around my waist. I smiled slightly and turned around, resting my head on his chest and taking in a deep breath. He smelled like he always does: a blind of mint and Old Spice, with a hint of my own vanilla scent. I glanced up at his face, seeing it in a peaceful state.

I kissed his chest gently before pushing his arm off of me and standing up, making my way into the bathroom. I ran a hand through my slightly tatted hair before looking in the mirror, blinking when I saw my normal brown eyes. Did I forget to take my contacts out last night? I picked up the contact container, seeing the brown of the contacts in it. I raised an eyebrow and focused on trying to fly. When nothing happened, I quickly pulled open the door and ran back into the bedroom.

I jumped on the bed, causing Peter to instantly wake up, "What's wrong?" he asked groggily.

"I think I've lost my powers."

*~*~*~*~

Oh no!

If anyone has any suggestions to making this book any better, please tell me :) I would appreciate it.