[2] Array of Color

Jungkook stared at the drawing in awe. Usually this was because of his father's insane talent, but this time it was because of the subject material.

To put it frankly, Prince Kim Taehyung looked gorgeous.

"But when does he not," Jungkook mumbled to himself, as he readied his brushes and colors to tackle yet another royal portrait.

He closed his eyes and began to imagine what the scene must have looked like in real life, what the room, the chair, his clothing, his hair, his collarbone, his thighs.....

Jungkook opened his eyes with a start, needing to focus his thoughts on the colors rather than the body of the prince. His mind was a fabulous array of color combinations, waiting to be used on paintings for the royal family.

Most artists did the whole job themselves, drawing and painting in order to maintain control of the final product. However, the Jeon family business began with the combination of the drawing skills of his father and the imagination and creativity of his mother, combining their efforts to create surreal, beautiful paintings envied by all who had the privilege of looking upon them. When Jungkook's mother had died 5 years ago, he took up the mantle of color director, having taken after his mother and watched her paint for so many years.

He was only 19, and already had gained prominence as a portrait artist, but what he really wanted was to do art from his mind. His thoughts were swirling colors, all representations of feelings he felt, or music he heard.

He took his feelings currently, of passion and a little bit of lust, and touched the paintbrush to the canvas.

Hours later, Jungkook gazed upon his work and wiped the sweat from his brow, hoping he had done justice to one of the most beautiful creatures alive.

"My god son. He looks ethereal," he heard a deep voice behind him.

Jungkook turned in surprise to see his father overwhelmed by the portrait that sat in front of him

Jungkook turned in surprise to see his father overwhelmed by the portrait that sat in front of him. He felt a swelling feeling in his chest of pride, and hugged his father tightly.

"I know your mother would be proud"

With those words, Jungkook almost burst into tears. But maintaining his composure and façade of stable emotions, he was able to contain his overflow of feeling and simply smile.

"Thank you. Your drawing was particularly inspiring this time," he enthused.

"I'll bet the prince was pretty inspiring too, eh?" his father smirked.

Jungkook felt his cheeks turn the same color that he had used prominently in the painting, a light shade of pink. It was clearly no secret to his father that he was very gay. He also did not deny his father's inquiry. He simply tried to hide his rose-colored cheeks as he stumbled back to the canvas to clean up his materials. His father chuckled and walked out of the room, leaving the studio and Jungkook to himself.

The studio was gorgeous, light streaming in from the windows, and colors of paint everywhere for the artist's choosing. It was Jungkook's paradise and then envy of any artist really.

He sat in his chair and stared at the painting he had just completed

He sat in his chair and stared at the painting he had just completed. There really was no other like the prince. His cheekbones were gorgeous, his hair was wispy and long, his eyes were deep, even without his addition of color.

Jungkook only wished he could see those eyes in real life and know their true color.

He drifted off into a dream filled sleep, indulging his thoughts from earlier by leaving reality and dreaming of grey eyes begging to be filled in with the rich color that deserved to be seen by all.