[6] First Encounter

Jungkook got up early the next morning, eager to start his new commission work at the palace.

After all, he was finally getting some artistic freedom to work on landscapes and images rather than being constrained to portrait painting.

He was almost bouncing as he arrived at the palace much too early, canvas and paints by his side even though he was aware that he would likely not be starting his paintings today.

But god, he hoped he could.

The gates opened, and he had to contain himself before he looked like a complete fool in front of  royalty.

...................................

Taehyung put more effort into his appearance that morning.

He was coming.

And Taehyung was prepared.

He put on his nicest daytime clothing, brushed and styled his hair perfectly, and even had the palace makeup artist come in and do some touch-ups on his face. (even though he knew he didn't need that)

He wanted Jungkook to lose his breath at the sight of him, as Jungkook had made him cease breathing for almost a week.

"Aish only 10:30," Tae muttered, plopping down on his bed and fiddling with his fingers.

After a long wait, he finally made his way to find the talented artist.

.............................

Jungkook was first greeted by the palace guards who led him to HRH Seokjin's study, where as soon as the door opened, Jin rose with a smile and walked over to lift Jungkook from his bow.

"As much as I appreciate your use of honorifics, I have no time to waste today," Jin quickly let out, leading Jungkook to the first location.

"I will need a painting of this garden, the halls, and the main ballroom within the next two months. Is that possible?" Jin inquired, sounding audibly worried.

"Of course," Jungkook assured, knowing he was absolutely capable. "I will have these done in no time."

"Thank you. Feel free to roam these areas as you'd like. I have no direction other than those areas. I trust your judgement," Jin sincerely let out, before rushing out to do his next daily task.

What a dream.

He couldn't help but gawk at the sight of the palace.

It truly was a work of art in itself, every design and curve in the moulding and every pillar was so meticulously crafted.

He almost had to hold his hand over his mouth to keep from squealing about the fact that it was he who was chosen to do this

Jungkook was now left to do the thing he loved the most in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

He took a deep breath of the fresh air and found the area of the garden he wished to start in.

Setting up his easel and paints he began the day he so looked forward to:

Him, his paints, and natural solitude.

...........................

Taehyung was nervous.

His hands were slightly perspiring, which was new to him.

He had watched his father hastily give Jungkook directions before running off, and Tae could not help but watch as Jungkook began to get comfortable in his home and let down his guard.

The painter was just so cute when he thought he was alone, obviously enthralled by the palace and his environment.

His passion for his work was undeniable, and perhaps that was why Tae felt so drawn to him.

Jungkook looked so peaceful in the spot he had chosen, under one of the willow trees and in view of almost the entire garden.

Tae breathed deeply before heading down the stairs and entering the same garden as the man he was currently obsessed with.

"Be calm my thudding heart," Tae jokingly whispered to his disobedient organ, who seemed to have a mind of its own, guiding Taehyung to the imaginative genius.

He quietly made his way over to the area (as quietly as his heart would allow) before making his decision as to how to introduce himself, after seeing that clearly Jungkook would not notice anything when he was working.

He made his way about the back of the tree, and reached out his hand to touch the slope of Jungkook's beautiful shoulder.

.......................

A warm hand touched Jungkook's shoulder as he slightly jumped, being suddenly taken out of his imagination.

He turned in surprise, expecting it to be a palace guard, until his eyes met the most beautiful iris he had ever seen.

He would have been mad if it had not been that man.

Jungkook quickly took note.

His eyes were a deep, chocolate brown.