[3] An Invitation

The painting arrived at the palace the following week, the telltale signature "Jeon" sitting in the bottom right hand corner. It almost made Jin cry it was so beautiful. People were going to come from around the world to see his beautiful son.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see the tired eyes of a busy King.

"Ah hyung your face is healing to my soul," Namjoon sighed, arms wrapping around Jin's waist and head resting on his broad shoulders.

"I am aware. Why do you think I work so hard to keep it so?" Seokjin smirked playfully, leaning back into the other's embrace before turning around and returning the hug.

The painting caught the eye of Namjoon and he gasped.

"I see the Jeon studio has finished our most recent painting. If this doesn't attract people I don't know what will," he breathed.

"I agree entirely. You know, when we found him after the fire I had no idea he would turn out the way he did. Even without the wonders of the Jeons he still looks handsome," Jin agreed.

"Don't tell him that though. We don't want him getting a big head like his father," Namjoon smiled, dimples appearing and dashing away from Jin, readying himself for the response of his handsome lover.

"Yah! A big head you love," Jin responded indignantly.

He couldn't stay mad at Namjoon, because his laugh combined with those gorgeous dimples were enough to calm the storm. Also, Namjoon had indirectly called him handsome.

Namjoon half-ran back to Jin and grabbed his face, pulling him into a sweet, soft kiss.

His hands began to explore Jin's broad shoulders and back, but a knock on the door startled the pair and Jin pulled back suddenly.

"Seokkkiiee we don't have to be in secret anymore, that was years ago," Namjoon groaned in protest, grabbing Jin's arm.

"It's not that. I've got work to do and you're distracting me. I think that's one of the florists," Jin replied, not really wanting to leave Namjoon's embrace, but knowing he could always come back to it.

"Ah, alright," Namjoon grumbled, releasing the older from his grasp reluctantly. "We're continuing this tonight though."

"Oh, you can count on it," Jin turned around with his half smile, "I'm going to make your dimples deeper than they already are."

Jin exited the room with a flourish, and Namjoon couldn't help but grin and blush at the dramatics of his partner.

Namjoon was stressed as well, with international tensions building up over the conflict between the Kim Kingdom and the Anti Kingdom, he could only hope that Taehyung's birthday would ease some of those tense relations.

He heard the door open and turned to see the titular son waltz into the room.

"Ah, is that the Jeon painting?" Tae inquired, laughing "What color are my eyes this time?"

He stopped laughing once he got a good look at the work of art.

It was the most beautiful work he had seen of anyone to date, and he wasn't completely vain. The combination of colors struck his eye, and he wished he could look inside of that Jeon man and walk around his beautiful mind just to witness the creative process.

"They've really outdone themselves this time. If I didn't know that was me I'd be in love already," Taehyung said in awe, earning a light head smack from his father.

"Aish I hope so, for your sake and for Jin's. I had seen the drawing before, but it always turns out better with the paint on it. His son is truly talented, hmm?" Namjoon said quietly, still studying the painting.

"His son?" Taehyung's voice caught as he questioned. "I thought Mr. Jeon was the painter."

"No. Mr. Jeon is a brilliant realist artist, but his son takes those drawings and puts in the color. That's why your eyes are always a different color, along with your hair," Namjoon sighed.

"What an imagination he must have," Taehyung murmured, "I should like to meet the members of the Jeon studio. They always do such great work for us."

"Ah what an idea. We will invite them to your party," Namjoon said definitively, quickly giving Tae a pat on the back and striding out of the room.

Taehyung was about to speak, but his father was already gone.

He looked back at the painting, studying each stroke of color and every detail.

It was stunning.

He stood up, and almost ran out of the room before remembering he would incur the wrath of Jin again.

He had to see the man behind the painting before his party, that was far too many days away.

Taehyung swept up his cloak and quickly pulled on his boots before swiftly making his way out of the palace.

He needed to go to the Jeon studio.