[16] Helpless

Throbbing.

Something cutting into his wrists.

The hard, wooden floor grating against his back.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, wanting to rub his head before his hand was met by resistance and the pull of his other hand.

He realized they were tightly wound together by a crude rope, the fraying, rough threads making his skin angry and what assumed would be red.

However, he couldn't tell because either he was blind or the room was pitch black.

He pulled at his core muscles and pushed with his legs until he was sitting up, leaning against a wall for support of his clearly recovering body.

He grimaced, his face wrinkling in pain as he inched his back up the wall, finally feeling comfortable enough to take a break and breathe.

Everything was foggy, and he couldn't quite remember why he was locked in what felt like a closet, judging by the fact he could touch another wall if he stretched out his legs enough.

As soon as his eyes began to focus, he could finally see a small sliver of light leaking in from beneath a door, presumably the only one there.

He could hear the faint mumbles of voices, engaged in what sounded like a hushed argument. He shifted towards the door to better get his bearings and attempt to find out why he was locked in a closet.

His ear finally met the wood of the door, as he finally was able to make out some of the words and voices that puzzled him so.

"I still don't see why we needed to take him," a lower male voice argued, clearly upset, "It doesn't change the fact that we are going to kill them at the ball. Half of the palace guards are our men and the coup will be so simple. Why did we need the prince's little crush to pull this off??"

The voiced that made a chill go down his spine sounded out, her voice shaking Jungkook to his very core.

"Because," Mina groaned, "if anything goes wrong, we can hold him for ransom. He's our ticket out, Doyoung, and I need him. The Taeyong plan didn't work because we were too late."

Jungkook had to hold in every emotion because all of this information was too important.

Everything came flooding back at once.

Getting knocked out.

Mina's strange confrontation.

Taehyung.

The only thing he could thing about for the split second he lost focus was the prince that cradled his heart in his soft, loving hands.

He shook his head and refocused on the conversation. Who the fuck was Doyoung??

What Taeyong plan???