[22] Real

Jungkook kept looking behind him, checking around him, looking for any sign of someone who recognized him.

Jimin nearly slapped him, because his nervous energy was seeping into Jimin's consciousness as well, and it did not bode well for their success tonight.

Jimin's own heart was thumping, his calm, practiced façade hiding his panicked inside.

There was so much to pay attention to, so many things to coordinate, yet his mind was only running 6 words through his mind.

I don't have to marry Taehyung

As long as everything went according to plan, he would be free of his agreement, as Taehyung would basically become permanently attached to his favorite artist.

That was what made him the most nervous, as everything needed to go exactly right for the sake of the kingdom, and it was all on his shoulders.

He breathed deeply, patting Jungkook on the back before clearing his throat and straightening his back, immediately reflecting everything he had trained for his whole life, the noble way to enter a ballroom.

Jungkook, on the other hand, felt as if he was going to explode, knowing that as soon as he caught sight of the prince, it was going to require every ounce of his control to avoid running straight into his arms.

His heart beat to the sound of their footsteps down the candle-lit hall, a place he had believed a week ago would become his permanent home.

He rubbed the inside of his left fourth finger, calming his nerves for a short while, focusing on the task at hand.

Closer, closer, they approached the giant doors that held the fate of the nation behind them, ornately decorated and extremely heavy, the last barrier to his one true love.

His heart sped up, and he clenched his teeth together to control the energy surging through him.

Don't run

Whatever you do, don't run

In, out

You can't save Tae if you're dead

It was as if he had tunnel vision, focusing solely on the light that cracked through the doors, the sound echoing through the large hall, people laughing, chattering, completely unaware of the impending attack.

It was a warm light, its soft edges expanding as the doors creaked open, telling the lie of safety and welcoming company.

He felt a hand slide around his waist and hug him tightly, and he looked over at Jimin, thankful for his stability and soothing company.

The doors opened fully, and the pair accompanied by three of Jimin's men entered the room of reckoning.

The paper slipped out of Lord Park's hand, as Jungkook saw Jimin look the tallest he had ever been, his stature and noble manner extending his height by at least 3 inches.

It made Jungkook smile, before he realized what he must do now.

"THE LORD PARK JIMIN AND HIS MEN"

The announcer crooned, and gracefully, Jimin began to descend the stairs to the ballroom floor.

Jungkook had never seen anything so graceful, and he observed a certain dark haired men who also appeared struck by the young Lord's beauty.

Jungkook allowed his eyes to sweep the room, against his better judgement.