[5] New Additions and a Commission

"YOU DID WHAT?" Jungkook yelled, voice echoing around his beloved studio.

"I met this woman, and I've been seeing her for a while, and she needed help..." his father stopped, looking at the ground.

"So you MARRIED HER? DID MOM MEAN THAT LITTLE TO YOU?!" Jungkook threw a paintbrush in rage, a light purple splattering his apron and contrasting with his red, angry face.

"DOES MY HAPPINESS MEAN THAT LITTLE TO YOU?!" Jung-soo burst out suddenly, voice ragged, sad, and tired.

His tone surprised Jungkook, making him take a step back, breathing heavily, mouth slightly downturned. He let go of his emotion, as one single tear found its way down his right cheek. He ran up to his father and hugged him tightly, forgetting the paint splatters on his clothing.

"I am sorry," Jungkook whispered, voice muffled by his father's shirt. "It's just so sudden. What is her name?"

"Lee Mina," His father whispered back with a smile. "She is not alone. She has two step sons that will live with us as well! Please, Jungkook-ah. Come and greet them."

This startled Jungkook, as he was not used to having others his age around the house. In fact, he was used to and preferred his studio's isolation. However, he steeled his nerves once more, took off his apron, and followed his father outside.

He could see why his father fell for the woman. Jungkook did not consider himself a good judge of what was conventionally attractive in women, but she appeared lovely and confident, the latter being quite a surprise. She carried an air of self-assurance, and Jungkook had no doubt her sons carried this as well.

"Ah, Jungkook, it is wonderful to make your acquaintance," she spoke.

Her voice carried this air as well, yet she had a slight tone of kindness behind the short words.

"These are my sons, Lee Taeyong and Lee Min Hyung," she said with a smile, gesturing to the two boys standing beside her.

They both bowed in respect, the younger, Min Hyung, with a smile plastered onto his face. The older, Taeyong simply smiled, mouth closed and acknowledged Jungkook with a nod.

"Jungkook-ah please come help move them in," his father directed, nodding at the boxes to be moved into the half of the home that was living space.

As Jungkook picked up a box labeled "Taeyong and Min Hyung", he noticed several pictures and posters sticking out of the box. He made nothing of it yet, and continued to aid in moving in the three new additions to their home.

Jungkook later collapsed on his bed, exhausted from his day of work and moving. He decided to go welcome his new brothers after changing into some of his few clothes that were sans paint splatters.

As he entered the room of the pair, he stood in shock.

One of the walls was covered in pictures and drawings of none other than Prince Kim Taehyung.

"God, he's beautiful, isn't he?" Min Hyung sighed, clutching the area where his heart would be if it was out of his body.

"Ah... Min Hyung, I..." Jungkook began, cut off by Min Hyung's surprisingly higher voice.

"Please, just call me Mark. It's so much easier than Min Hyung," he said as he rolled his eyes and flopped onto his mattress. "Mother insists on Min Hyung but it's soooo long."

"Aish Minnie quit being such a fool," the more reserved Taeyong muttered, clearly done with his brother's antics. "I do agree, the Prince and I would make quite the stunning pair."

Jungkook was about to explain that he had done a painting for the prince recently when an excited shriek was heard from downstairs.

"BOYS COME AND LOOK," a voice that was clearly their mother's yelled.

All three boys ran down their stairs to look at what had made their mother screech.

They were stunned.

In her hand was an invitation.

To the Jeon Family for your service to His Highnesses,

You are hereby invited to the 21st birthday of His Royal Highness Prince Taehyung in honor of your hard work and loyal service to the royal family. We look forward to your presence.

There was a gleam in Mina's eye that did not settle well with Jungkook. With her next words, he understood that feeling.

"It's your chance my boy. Taeyong...... You shall be a prince," she exclaimed with glee, grabbing the oldest by his hands and turning him around the room in joy.

While Jungkook was excited for the invitation, he was quite shocked at the determined tone of his new step mother. She seemed so sure that her words would come true, even though no one knew whether the prince liked men. Jungkook snickered at the thought as he turned to retreat to his studio, needing the alone time to continue his work.

"Jungkook-ah this came for you as well, something about more palace work," she muttered shoving the envelope in his hands as she continued to gleefully waltz around with her eldest.

Jungkook grabbed it and dashed to get away from the woman he was suddenly turned away from. He reached his studio and collapsed in his chair, hastily opening the envelope with King Seokjin's royal seal.

To Painter Jeon Jungkook,

You have been commissioned to create paintings of the royal palace and gardens for the pleasure of the royal highnesses. Please report at the palace for more details at 11:00 am the following morning.

His heart beat quickly at the premise of time at the palace. He had only been there once before, but he remembered it clearly.

He was finally going back to the palace and getting out of the house that suddenly made him uneasy, not because of the environment but because of new additions.