[24] One Hour

Yoongi's heart stopped, blood rushing through his ears.

Good lord, was Jimin trying to seduce every man and woman in the entire world?

The ethereal man glided down the steps, staring down everyone, gorgeous smile forming on his full lips.

He swallowed, attempting to contain himself, folding his hands together and clasping them in front of him, attempting to maintain his composure.

He spared one last glance at the seductive man, and instantly regretted it as their eyes met, and Yoongi swore Jimin's smile grew slightly wider.

It made his heart palpitate, beating against his chest as he breathed calmly, in and out, calming his nerves and his sensed. He needed to be on guard tonight, completely alert and focused on the task at hand: protecting the royal family.

And Jimin was screwing it all up.

Fuck it, he thought, and made his way towards the young man.

He could spare one dance.

He started to push through the crowd, and was surprised when Jimin nearly ran straight to Taehyung, completely ignoring his presence.

His mind cleared as he felt someone shove his shoulder, suddenly remembering just what Jimin's letter had said.

Yoongi silently lectured himself for being so possessive of someone that he wasn't even courageous enough to claim as his own.

Still, he couldn't help but grit his teeth at the way Jimin placed his hand on the prince and dragged him away, as if they were the lovers.

He hoped Jungkook wasn't lying.

His perceptive eyes began to scan the room once again, studying every person before noticing a small group of three people, a woman and two men.

He tilted his head slightly, squinting his eyes at something shining a light from the woman's skirt. It was something reflective.

Yoongi edged closer, making light conversation with other nobles to appear as if nothing was bothering him.

He approached the woman, who hadn't stopped smirking the entire night.