[19] Guardian Angel

A few hours earlier.......

The cool air nipped at the back of his neck, sending chills down his spine.

Jimin's heart was thumping against the hand he attempted to still against his chest.

He groaned, mounting his horse to make his way to Yoongi's military camp.

It made him chuckle to himself, as the most powerful Lord in the nation could be comfortably situated in the palace, awaiting tomorrow evening's activities, but no.

He had to be extra and silently remind all the other nobles why he was the most intimidating by setting up a city just to hold some of his most skilled men, lead by none other than the MOST extra person of all time, General Jung Hoseok.

Jimin's mouth curved up into a fond smile as he thought of the Lord, allowing his mind to wander, against his better judgement.

They had spent a lot of time together as children, as their respective estates neighbored each other, Jimin's being the largest and Yoongi's being the most powerful.

Yoongi had been a serious, yet caring and loyal friend to Jimin throughout the years, and the two were extremely close, their personalities complementing each other.

Hoseok had grown up around the pair as well, as his father was the previous general for the Min family, and when he died in battle, Hoseok took his place, working hard enough to become an even better general than his father before him.

Jimin's mind wandered closer to Lord Min, remembering his dark hair, gummy smile, and incredible mind.

He was suddenly jarred by the wind causing him to shiver, his arm hairs standing up to applaud the miracle of the weather returning Jimin's focus.

Jimin pulled his coat tighter as he approached the camp, butterflies exploding in his stomach as he clutched the King's letter in his hand.

"State your business" a man with a Min accent sternly commanded.

"I am Lord Park Jimin. I have a message from the King for Lord Min," he had to consciously tell himself to breathe in and out, as he used his noble voice for the necessarily formal occasion.

"JIMIN-AH" a loud voice pierced the night, causing both the object of the yelling and the camp guards to jump.

A blindingly white smile illuminated the darkness, as none other than General Jung Hoseok quickly rode over to them.

Jimin couldn't help but smile back, dismounting his horse and running up to his old friend, who stretched out his arms for the oncoming embrace.

"I missed you," Jimin exclaimed into his shoulder, muffled by the elder's coat.

"So did I, but we both know you're not here for me," he held Jimin out by arm's length, hands fastened to the shoulders he momentarily held so tightly.

Thank god it was dark, so Hobi couldn't see the blush appearing on Jimin's cheeks.