Infiltration

Ace opened the door at the end of the corridor, and everyone was there.

"Ace!" Said Julie.

"Where did you run off to man?!" said Max.

Ace scratched his head in confusion.

"I don't know either... I was teleported at the outskirts of the city. And a lot of crazy stuff happened" said Ace.

The grandmaster and the council members who participated are all silent, thinking about something.

"What's with the atmosphere here?" Ace asked.

"Looks like finding the books aren't gonna be that easy.." Ezra replied.

"Exactly" said Einz as he enters the room.

"What does that mean?" Ace asked.

"Basically, the books are hidden here in the city in a safe" Azumi answered.

"Can't he just tell us where it is?" Said Ace.

"Unfortunately, he can't" said Ash.

"I wiped out my memory on where the safes are hidden" said Einz.

Ace was surprised on what he just said.

"Those safes are also a part of technology, so there are switches on the city which will trigger the safe to reveal and open itself" said Einz.

"Looks like we'll just have to do this mission without the others" said Azumi.

Ace noticed that 2 of the council members who teleported with them are not there.

"Where's the other council members?" Ace asked.

"They weren't teleported here, so they are in the base. For some reason, someone blocked their teleportation. But enough of that, we will now commence our mission!" Said Azumi.

"Yes!" They all replied.

***
Night time...

"There are 4 switches hidden in the city, one in the city alley, buildings, streets, and here in this office" said Einz.

They split into teams to look for the switches.

Hansel and Gretel head towards the city alley, Max and Ezra in the streets, Ash and Julie in the buildings, lastly, Ace and Zaldo looked inside the office.

Einz and Azumi head towards the city square where it is the center of the places they are headed to.

"It's possible that the safes are within these areas" said Azumi.

***

Meanwhile...

Ace and Zaldo are searching in the office. In fact they are not talking to each other. But, Ace started to have a conversation with him.

"Why do you despise me so?" Ace asked while searching.

"Because of you, the master is dead" said Zaldo.

"Why would you blame me? It's not my fault that she was killed" said Ace.

Zaldo clenched his fist and punched Ace, knocking him down to his feet.

"If didn't let her die, she would still be here!" Said Zaldo.

Ace stood up.

"Back then, I was feared by everyone in my town, I was called a monster by everybody because of my magic. But when she came to my life... she saved me. She was my savior who saved me from my dark past, but I couldn't save her, and you just let her die!" Said Zaldo.

"Did you think I chose to let her die?! She wanted to die in order to save us from that beast! In the end, she died to save us all! Don't you get it?!" Said Ace.

Zaldo clenched his fist in frustration.

Suddenly, he noticed a shadow behind the glass near Ace.

"Look out!" Said Zaldo as he grabbed Ace out of the way.

A giant boulder smashed through the window.

"What the hell?!" Zaldo.

Two person went inside the building.

"You!" Said Ace.

"Yo, Ace. Ready for another round?" Said Kai.

And the other person is Spade, who apparently the one who was kicked out of the guild by Juniper.

***

"So the enemy finally started their move" said Einz.

To be continued...